RUMOURS: Uruguayan striker keen on Liverpool move

Atletico Penarol teenager Agustin Davila is interested in a move to Anfield after a recent two-week trial with the Premier League club

Uruguayan teenager Agustin Davila is keen on a move to Liverpool following a recent trial with Jurgen Klopp’s side, according to IB Times UK.

The 17-year-old has regularly top scored for his club side Atletico Penarol and his century of goals saw him earn a fortnight’s trial with Liverpool.

His two weeks with Alex Inglethorpe and the Liverpool academy saw him score in a friendly against Walsall and go to Anfield to watch the 0-0 draw with Manchester United.

Having suitably impressed the Reds, Davila is now said to be open to a move to the Premier League club, although there is also reported interest in his signature from Italy and Spain.


Rami rejected 'risky' PSG move

The French defender could have been lining up for his former coach in Ligue 1 this season, but opted to remain in Spain

Sevilla defender Adil Rami has revealed that he turned down the advances of Paris Saint-Germain after talking with Unai Emery about a close-season move.

Muller: Van Gaal my biggest influence

The Spanish coach joined PSG at the end of last season after three and a half successful years at Sevilla and Rami was a key figure during the 2015-16 campaign.

Rami’s form at club level helped him claw his way back into the international set-up with France for Euro 2016 and he could have ended up at home permanently this term.

However, after discussions with Emery about following him to Paris after David Luiz’s departure, he decided it would be too much of a risk to his aspirations of regular first-team football.

“I had contact with Unai Emery during the last transfer window about going to PSG,” he told the Team Duga podcast.

Guardiola wants Toure return

“But neither PSG nor I were 100 per cent sure. It was very late [in the window], when David Luiz left for Chelsea [August 31]. We discussed it.

“It made me think, but I kept a cool head. Today I need to play.

“Now I am at a club playing at European level. I know the qualities of central defenders already at PSG. I did not want to take risks.”

RUMOURS: Juve lead hunt for Liverpool and Man City target Dahoud

The Serie A champions are set to open the bidding for the German midfielder when the transfer window re-opens

Juventus will make the first move for Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud in the January transfer window, according to Calciomercato.

The 20-year-old has been impressing in the Bundesliga, leading to admiring glances being shot in his direction from Europe’s top clubs.

Liverpool and Manchester City are among those said to be keen on an exciting young talent, but Juve hope to pip the Premier League pair to the post by bidding £13.5 million for a player who will be available for just £8.4m next summer – due to a clause in his contract.


Neymar would have cost PSG €430m, claims father

The French champions were keen on taking the Brazil international over the summer, but would have had to dig deep in order to get a deal over the line

Paris Saint-Germain would have needed to pay €430million to prise Neymar away from Barcelona before he signed a new contract, according to the player’s father.

The Ligue 1 champions were heavily linked with a move for the Brazil star, who moved to Europe to join Barca in 2013, before he penned a new five-year deal at Camp Nou last week.

Neymar tops Messi, but not Ronaldo

Neymar’s dad has now explained that PSG would have had to pay the €190m termination fee built into the 24-year-old’s contract – plus a hefty amount of tax.

“With regard to the subject of PSG, there is a contradiction, due, apparently, to a lack of understanding,” he told Globo Esporte

“Well, the athlete is subject to pay the termination fine for breach of contract with any club. The club would support this payment in the region of €190m and would also have to compute the tax – in Spain, at the time, it was somewhere around 56 per cent.

Ballon d’Or shortlist revealed

“I believe that €430m was not an obscene value. The player was unattainable and priceless, in that Barcelona do not want to sell. 
“In fact, even if the value was obscene, it is not my problem. It was the contracted amount.”

RUMOURS: Arsenal playmaker Ozil in discussions over Fenerbahce move

The 28-year-old Germany international is said to have talked about the possibility of a future move to the Super Lig outfit during a recent visit to Istanbul

Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil discussed the prospect of a future move to Fenerbahce during a recent visit to Istanbul, according to Hurriyet.

The Gunners are hoping to tie the Germany international down to fresh terms, keeping him at the Emirates beyond the end of his current contract which expires in 2018.

Fener, though, are plotting to take him to Turkey at some stage, with Ozil having previously expressed a desire to turn out for the club he supported as a boy.


Go to Top