The Argentina international revealed that he is tempted by a €40 million-per-year offer to play in the far east, although he refused to rule out retirement in January

Boca Juniors star Carlos Tevez has admitted he is considering a lucrative move to China in 2017, but said he could still leave football altogether. 

The club idol has been at the Bombonera since July 2015, his second spell at the club where he made his debut as a teenager and lifted the Copa Libertadores in 2003. 

WATCH: Is Carlos Tevez worth €40 million a year?

His hopes of winning another Libertadores title, however, have so far been frustrated and, with Boca out of the competition in 2017, he confessed that he could take up Shanghai Shenhua’s offer to play in the Super League. 

“Right now I am only thinking about the Superclasico,” he told reporters, in reference to Sunday’s blockbuster derby against bitter rivals River Plate. 

“I’ve got too much going on to think about the offer from China. First come River, then Colon, then I am getting married. 

“I will think it over in the [Argentine summer] break. I might not just leave, I could also retire from football.” 

Tevez, 32, has reportedly been offered a mammoth €40 million a year to join up with Uruguayan Gustavo Poyet, who is coaching Shenhua. 

On Thursday Poyet affirmed to TyC Sports that his club “have wanted to sign Tevez for a long time.”

“I have approved the signing and I am hopeful,” the ex-Chelsea midfielder added.