Schneiderlin Man Utd exit still on cards amid reports of £13m West Brom bid
Jose Mourinho has revealed that the club have not yet received a suitable offer for the out-of-favour midfielder but suggested he is still free to go
Morgan Schneiderlin could still leave Manchester United in January despite Jose Mourinho insisting he will not sanction a loan move.
The France midfielder has been heavily linked with a switch to West Brom when the winter window opens, with Baggies boss Tony Pulis having confirmed on December 23 that an offer had been made.
Rooney remains sidelined
The Daily Mail reported on Friday that Pulis’s side had seen what has been reported as a £13 million bid for the former Southampton star rejected by United.
Schneiderlin – who has made just eight appearances for United thus far this season – will not be available on loan, though, after Mourinho revealed that only young goalkeeper Sam Johnstone will leave on a temporary basis.
And the Portuguese says no club has yet to table an offer that is deemed acceptable for any of his players before suggesting that Schneiderlin is free to leave if a suitable bid comes in.
“I don’t want to sell players. The club and board are totally with me. But as I said before, if a player is not having lots of minutes and if a player really wants to leave we have no right to stop the player to leave if the conditions are our conditions,” Mourinho told reporters.
Pep: Man Utd ARE in title race
“In this moment, we have not received one single offer that we are going to accept.”
Mourinho’s comments do seem to rule out an Old Trafford exit for Anthony Martial, however, with the player’s agent having previously insisted that there was a loan offer on the table.