Chelsea facing further frustration as Torino expect to avoid €100m Belotti bids
Torino remain confident that Andrea Belotti’s €100 million release clause will not be activated by the likes of Chelsea before the transfer deadline.
The Serie A outfit have seen their star striker generate intense exit talk throughout the summer window, and Belotti has scored two goals in two games this season to follow on from his 28-goal haul last term.
The 23-year-old has, however, declared that he would be happy to stay put, amid the talk of possible bids from the Premier League and other leading divisions across Europe, and his manager is confident that no deal will be done as the clock ticks down towards August 31.
- Milan and Chelsea target Belotti absent from Torino kit launch
- ‘Release clause or nothing’ – Mihajlovic says Belotti staying with Torino unless €100m is met
- Torino don’t want to sell Belotti as Vieri urges striker to join Milan
- Conte plays down Chelsea exit talk: I’m enjoying it more than last year
Torino 3/4 to win v Sassuolo on dabblebet
Sinisa Mihajlovic told reporters on the ongoing rumours: “Belotti seems relaxed, though unfortunately transfer gossip can influence players.
“He is well aware that his performance against Bologna was probably the worst since I’ve been at Torino.
“It would’ve been wise to introduce a limit on the release clause, so it couldn’t be activated late in the transfer session, but I am convinced it won’t happen anyway.
“I am sure he will stay at Torino but if he would receive an offer I don’t know what he could decide. As of today we received no offer and I think we won’t receive any before the end of the transfer window.”
Chelsea have been heavily linked with Belotti despite already adding Alvaro Morata to their ranks this summer.
Diego Costa has been deemed surplus to requirements by the reigning Premier League champions and Antonio Conte is aware of the need to add greater depth to his ranks as his side prepare to return to European competition in 2017-18.