Bale's lawyers in Spain to finalise Real Madrid deal

After Erik Lamela’s €30 million move to Tottenham was confirmed on Friday, the announcement of the Welshman’s proposed world-record transfer could take place by 10.00BST

Gareth Bale’s proposed world-record transfer from Tottenham to Real Madrid is inching towards completion with Welshman’s lawyers having arrived in the Spanish capital to put the finishing touches to the deal.
Bale’s lawyers, Inigo Landa and Melvyn Grantz, met Blancos representatives on Friday to thrash out the remaining details of the 24-year-old’s hefty contract.

Tottenham’s intensive recruitment drive has gathered pace, with the arrival of Bale’s like-for-like replacement at White Hart Lane, the Argentina attacker Erik Lamela, confirmed earlier on Friday.

That has left the 24-year-old free to complete his protracted move to the Spanish giants and Goal understands confirmation of the deal could be announced as early as 10.00BST on Friday.

Madrid had hoped to unveil the former Southampton star at the Santiago Bernabeu at the start of the week and had even erected a special stage in their stadium to parade their latest Galactico, before it was dismantled following a delay in negotiations.

The club now hope, however, to present the player to his new fans on Monday, the day after they play host to Athletic Bilbao in the third game of the Spanish league season.

Juventus: Real Madrid asked about Pogba

Juve’s director general Giuseppe Marotta says Madrid’s club president Florentino Perez made enquiries into the Frenchman’s availability but he told him the player is not for sale

Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta has claimed Real Madrid have made enquiries into signing Paul Pogba but the club rejected their approach.

The young French midfielder impressed for the Serie A champions last season and that form attracted interest from los Blancos, according to Juve’s director general.

Speaking at Thursday’s Champions League draw in Monte Carlo, Marotta said the Turin giants turned down an approach for Pogba from Madrid.

“Florentino Perez enquired about him but there were no negotiations,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

The 20-year-old has become a key player in Antonio Conte’s side following a switch from Manchester United in the summer of 2012.

The midfielder clocked up 38 appearances in all competitions for Juve last season, and made his senior France debut at the beginning of 2013 and Marotta insists they want to hold on to their star man,

He said: “We have no intention of selling him as he’s no yet expressed his full potential.”

Della Valle refuses to rule out Julio Cesar move

The Fiorentina co-owner would not deny that the Brazilian may arrive in Tuscany before the end of the transfer window, and says the club will take the Europa League very seriously

Fiorentina co-owner Andrea Della Valle has left the door open to the potential arrival of Julio Cesar before Monday’s transfer deadline.

The Brazilian goalkeeper is looking to secure a move away from Queens Park Rangers following their relegation from the Premier League last season.

And, amidst much speculation that the former Inter shot-stopper could be a Viola player by the end of the transfer window, Della Valle has refused to rule out the signing.

“With our two keepers we are well covered,” said Della Valle at the Europa League draw event in Monte Carlo.

“We have already spent well. We have signed a striker of great character. We can’t say what will happen tomorrow or the day after. Neto is our No.1 goalkeeper right now.”

When asked whether that could change on Monday, the 47-year-old smiled and left, further fuelling rumours that Brazil’s No.1 remains a target for the Viola.

Fiorentina were drawn with Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, Pacos de Ferreira and Pandurii in Europa League Group E, having only secured their spot thanks to an away goals victory over Grasshoppers in Thursday’s play-off round.

But Della Valle is upbeat about his side’s prospects and insists they will give the competition their full attention.

“It may not be the Champions League but this group is growing and learning, and the experience will help us also in Serie A,” he added.

“The squad is always gaining further energy, although we lacked a little against Grasshoppers and we mustn’t forget that the Swiss championship began a month before ours so they had extra reserves.

“We know that having signed Mario Gomez there is a lot of pressure on us, but he is a great champion. He knows his team-mates and their movements a little better now, and we are all now more satisfied and more optimistic for this competition.

“We have shown that we are serious about the Europa League. We have always been that way, as we showed in reaching the semi-final five years ago. To get that far you need a lot of luck, but also a lot of determination and that’s what we’ll give it.”

Fiorentina begin their Europa League campaign by hosting Pacos de Ferreira on September 19.

Tottenham sign Lamela from Roma

Bet

= ArsenalARS Draw TottenhamTOT BetVictor

Bet

= ArsenalARS Draw TottenhamTOT Hill

Bet

= ArsenalARS Draw TottenhamTOT PaddyPower

Bet

= ArsenalARS Draw TottenhamTOT Bet365

Bet

= ArsenalARS Draw TottenhamTOT Coral

Bet

= ArsenalARS Draw TottenhamTOT Betway

Tottenham have confirmed the capture of Erik Lamela from Roma.

As revealed by Goal, the Serie A outfit accepted a £30 million offer for the attacking midfielder, who has signed a five-year contract, on Monday.

The deal sees Spurs break their transfer record for the third time this summer, following the acquisitions of Roberto Soldado and Paulinho.

More to follow…

Hill Sign up with for a free bet up to £25
Bet365 Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200
PaddyPower Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets

Coral Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet – no strings attached!
BetVictor Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!
Betway Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!

Official: Milan seal Matri deal

The Juventus striker, deemed surplus to requirements in Turin, has rejoined his former side in a deal believed to be around €11 million

AC Milan have signed Juventus striker Alessandro Matri, the Rossoneri’s official website has confirmed.

Matri, 29, is believed to have signed on a four-year deal at San Siro, rejoining the side he played for as a youngster before having spells at Cagliari and Juventus, in a deal reportedly worth €11 million.

The striker has fell down the pecking order at the Bianconeri, with other attackers Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez joining Antonio Conte’s ranks earlier this summer.

But, with Milan securing their place in the Champions League proper, having seen off the challenge of PSV, and Giampaolo Pazzini’s return still to be confirmed, coach Massimiliano Allegri has bolstered his squad with the capture of the forward.

Matri made 83 appearances for Juventus, scoring 29 goals.

Meanwhile, Kevin-Prince Boateng has departed the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, completing a move to Bundesliga club Schalke on Friday.

Go to Top