The striker has been accused of providing a motorbike for a known drug lord in 2008 as negotiations over a possible move to the French club continue
Le Havre president Jean-Pierre Louvel says the drug charge levelled against Adriano “changes nothing” over the Brazilian’s possible move to the club.
Prosecutors in Brazil have requested the 32-year-old’s passport be seized after allegations linking him to a drug lord emerged on Wednesday.
The former Inter striker is accused by police of buying a motorbike in 2008 which was then used for drug trafficking in a gang-controlled favela in Rio de Janeiro.
Adriano, who has battled off-the-field problems for the past few years and left Atletico Paranaense earlier this year, has been negotiating a possible comeback with the Ligue 2 club, and Louvel is adamant the news will not affect a potential decision to sign the player.
“I do not see how this would affect the transfer. It changes nothing,” he told reporters on Wednesday.
“For me, history is gone. This is a specific way to bring back old problems. He told us he has made mistakes, but it’s finished.”
Adriano, who has 48 caps for Brazil, won four Serie A titles with Inter.