The coach was given a standing ovation at the Santiago Bernabeu as the club’s season came to an end with a victory over Getafe and he wants to be the Blancos’ boss in 2015-16
Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out a return to AC Milan and claims he will take a year off if Real Madrid choose to force him out after a below-par season.
The Blancos thumped Getafe 7-3 in their final La Liga game of the season on Saturday during which the coach was vocally supported at the Santiago Bernabeu, and he received a standing ovation from the home crowd.
Ancelotti is expected to be sacked in the coming days after falling short in La Liga, Champions League and Copa del Rey this season.
Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is the favourite to replace him, while Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi had earlier said he would bring the Italian back to San Siro if he was sacked from his coaching role at the Bernabeu.
“My future is clear: I am staying at Real Madrid or I will take a year off,” Ancelotti told reporters after the match.
“If the club tells me I’m not wanted, I won’t be happy. But sackings are commonplace in my line of work.
“There is no hurry to sort anything. The club are considering what to do and I’m not in a hurry to leave. I have had no communication from the club yet. I will know my fate on Monday or Tuesday.”
Ancelotti said he was pleased to see Iker Casillas also receive a positive reception from the home supporters and thanked his players for their efforts in what proved to be an up-and-down 2014-15 campaign.
“The fans have understood how important Iker has been for this club this season,” said the coach. “Better late than never.”
“The players have shown professionalism and a serious attitude until the last game and the last minute of the season.
“We had injuries to several important players and we suffered in that period. I do not forget everything we achieved last year, but nor will I forget what needs to be improved upon.”
Madrid ended the season with 92 points from their 38 matches in La Liga, two adrift of champions Barcelona.