The Ivorian’s outspoken agent had previously insisted his client was “90 per cent likely” to leave the Etihad Stadium but the club’s owner has blocked any exit
Yaya Toure will stay at Manchester City next season following an intervention from the club’s owner Sheikh Mansour, according to agent Dimitri Seluk.
The Ivorian appeared set to leave the Etihad Stadium after an inconsistent season in which Seluk claimed his client was being unfairly singled out for City’s struggles.
A reunion with former boss Roberto Mancini at Inter looked the likeliest option for Toure and Seluk previously insisted that his client was “90 per cent likely” to leave City, but he has now revealed that Mansour has put a stop to any exit plans.
“Yaya is staying – because Sheikh Mansour told him he must stay,” Seluk told The Sunday Mirror.
“Mansour told Yaya that he is still a very important player and that he was the first big player to join City after the takeover.
“He told him that City wouldn’t even discuss a sale.
“This is good. People have tried to say that Yaya only wanted more money, but it was never about money. It was only about respect.”