Draxler could still leave Schalke, says Heldt

The Gelsenkirchen side rejected a bid from Juventus for the 21-year-old earlier this summer but a fresh offer could see the playmaker move

Schalke chief Horst Heldt said he has received no fresh offers for Julian Draxler but admitted the Germany international could still leave the club.

The 21-year-old had appeared set to join Juventus earlier this summer but S04 rejected a bid worth up to €20m for his services as they felt it was inadequate.

General manager Heldt insisted Schalke have no plans to sell their star asset but acknowledged that could all change prior to the end of the transfer window.

“We received an offer for Draxler which we rejected,” he said at a press conference.

“That is already known. Since then, there has been no new offer. Everything said in the Italian media has not happened.

“We have a verbal agreement with Julian which we made when he extended his contract in 2013. Should this topic arise again, I’m obliged to tak to Julian about it.

“So I won’t rule anything out until August 31. Nevertheless, Schalke are not willing to sell Julian Draxler for a discount.”