January transfer news & rumours: Alexis Sanchez rejects lucrative China move


ALEXIS REJECTS £21M SALARY IN CHINA


Wantaway Arsenal attacker Alexis Sanchez has rejected a £21 million salary in China as he holds out for a January bid from Manchester City, The Sun has claimed.

The forward was denied a deadline day transfer from Arsenal to Man City this summer when his current club failed to find a replacement.

Hebei China Fortune had hoped a £400,000 per week pay packet could lure Alexis away from the Premier League but failed in their pursuit of the Chilean.


BARCA MEET GRIEZMANN’S FAMILY


Antoine Griezmann Atletico Madrid

Barcelona are making major advances to sign Antoine Griezmann and met the Atletico Madrid forward’s family for dinner, according to Mundo Deportivo.

There were strong rumours linking Griezmann with an Old Trafford switch in the summer but a move fell through due to Atletico’s transfer plan that prevented them being able to replace the Frenchman.

However, a transfer will be back on the table in 2018 and Barcelona are desperate to lead the pack in the race for his signature after such stinging failures to sign their targets during the summer, such as Philippe Coutinho.


MAN UTD TARGET EVANS RETURN


Jonny Evans West Brom

Manchester United are ready to submit an offer that would bring West Brom defender Jonny Evans back to Old Trafford, the Mirror reports.

Jose Mourinho believes Louis van Gaal made a mistake by selling the centre-back for £6 million in 2015, with the Red Devils reportedly fending off interest from Manchester City and Arsenal for the 29-year-old.

West Brom are believed to be open to selling Evans for around £30m during the January window.


STURRIDGE TOLD HE CAN LEAVE LIVERPOOL


Daniel Sturridge

Daniel Sturridge has been told he is free to leave Liverpool in the January transfer window, according to The Sun.

The Reds forward, 28, is hoping to play frequently enough to merit a place in England’s squad at World Cup 2018, but he’s been consistently overlooked for the starting XI at Anfield this season.

A loan move abroad is the most likely outcome for the former Chelsea and Manchester City attacker as Liverpool look to shift his £125,000-per-week wages.


BENTEKE A TOP EVERTON TARGET


Christian Benteke Crystal Palace 2017

Everton manager Sam Allardyce has made Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke a top January transfer target, claims The Mirror.

The striker scored for the first time in the league this season in Saturday’s 3-0 win at Leicester City, which propelled Palace away from the relegation zone.

Allardyce worked with Benteke at Selhurst Park last season and also hopes to beat Arsenal to the signing of Sevilla midfielder Steven N’Zonzi next month.


CONTE IN LINE TO REPLACE ZIDANE


Antonio Conte Chelsea

Antonio Conte is in contention to succeed Zinedine Zidane as Real Madrid head coach, according to The Sun.

Zinedine Zidane guided the Blancos to two successive Champions League titles and a La Liga win last season but is under pressure to recover the deficit to Barcelona this campaign.

Conte still has 18 months left on his Chelsea contract and has previously dismissed suggestions that he was set to leave Stamford Bridge.


BUNDESLIGA STAR SCOUTED BY MAN CITY


Philipp Max, Augsburg, 18/18

Augsburg star Philipp Max is being scouted by Manchester City amid rave reviews of his performance in the Bundesliga this season, says the Daily Mail.

The left-back has already racked up 10 assists in 17 games for the club in the German top flight this season, a new club record.

Pep Guardiola is desperate to bolster City’s defensive options in January and is known to be eyeing up a move for Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk.


JUVENTUS TO MAKE £4.5M EMRE CAN DEAL


Emre Can Juventus

Juventus are willing to offer Liverpool utility man Emre Can a £4.5 million salary to sign for them next summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Contract talks between Can – whose contract runs out at the end of the season – and Liverpool have stalled in recent weeks.

The Germany international, who can play in defence or midfield, has been in and out of Jurgen Klopp’s first team plans in 2017-18.


GUARDIOLA TELLS MAN CITY TRANSFER PLANS


Pep Guardiola, Man City

Pep Guardiola has laid out his transfer plans to Manchester City’s chiefs and requested significant spend to bolster his squad for the second half of the season, reports the Manchester Evening News.

Despite being 14 points clear in the Premier League following their 4-1 thumping of Tottenham on Saturday, Guardiola is keen to avoid complacency and believes defensive signings are needed to achieve their goals in 2017-18.

Article continues below

LIVERPOOL TO MISS OUT ON DE VRIJ


Stefan De Vrij Lazio

Liverpool are set to miss out on Lazio defender Stefan de Vrij, according to the Mirror .

The Reds reportedly have monitored the Dutch centre-back as an alternative to Southampton’s Virgil van Dijk, but they’re poised to miss out as Inter Milan prepare a £25 million bid that would keep De Vrij in Serie A.

Let’