Manchester City to swoop in for Lemar

Manchester City are preparing to hijack Liverpool and Arsenal’s hopes of landing Monaco winger Thomas Lemar reports the Telegraph.

The Reds and Gunners have been linked with the France international since the summer with both likely to return for him after the season.

But Pep Guardiola remains on the hunt for another player on the flanks after failed attempts to land Alexis Sanchez and Riyad Mahrez and he is prepared to spend to bring the Monaco man to the Eithad Stadium.

Manchester United considering Sokratis

Sokratis Papastathopoulos Borussia Dortmund

Manchester United are looking at adding Borussia Dortmund defender Sokratis this summer according to the Mirror.

The report states the Red Devils need a centre-back and have watched the 29-year-old Greek international several times in the past few weeks.

United are also interested Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld but Sokratis is considered to be an easier target to land.

Mourinho using Umtiti as Varane smokescreen

Raphael Varane Real Madrid

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho’s interest in Barcelona Samuel Umtiti is a bit of a smokescreen to hide his real target, Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane, according to Don Balon.

Mourinho rates both defenders, but is much higher on Varane and hopes to land him part of his backline overhaul for €40 million.

Should Madrid not sell the defender, then Mourinho would then turn back to Umtiti in an attempt to pry him away from the La Liga leaders.

Can could be bigger Liverpool loss than Coutinho

Emre Can Liverpool

Liverpool are set to spend the revenue generated from Philippe Coutinho’s sale this summer but their biggest transfer decision may be with a player already on their team.

Emre Can’s contract expires at the end of the season, and Juventus are among the big clubs who are interesting in securing the midfielder’s signature.

And in losing Can, Liverpool could be giving up an irreplaceable piece of their midfield, even with Naby Keita’s arrival. 

Read the full story on Goal!

Chelsea and Enrique to come after Umtiti

Samuel Umtiti, Barcelona, 17/18

Luis Enrique and Chelsea are the most likely threats to sign Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti according to Don Balon.

Enrique, who seems poised to take over for Antonio Conte with the Blues, views Umtiti as a replacement for David Luiz.

And while Manchester United are rumoured suitors, Enrique is willing to pull out all the stops for Umtiti as he views centre-back as essential to his preferred playing style.

Emery not worried about PSG sacking

Unai Emery PSG Paris Saint-Germain

Paris Saint-Germain manager Unai Emery has told reporters he is not worried about the possibility he will be sacked at the conclusion of the season.

While Emery has PSG in position to complete a domestic treble, he has failed to get the capital club beyond the last-16 of the Champions League in his two years, with this season being especially hard to justify due to the signings of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.

Read the full story on Goal!

Neymar wants Barcelona return

Neymar PSG

Neymar has told Barcelona that he wishes to return to Camp Nou, according to Mundo Deportivo .

The Brazilian is said to regret his decision to leave for PSG to step out of the shadow cast by Lionel Messi and wants to know what it’ll take to return to Catalunya.

The report suggests the 26-year-old will spend one more year in Paris before attempting to engineer a move back to Spain in 2019.

Reus signs new Dortmund contract

Marco Reus Borussia Dortmund

Marco Reus has dispelled speculation over his future by signing a new contract with Borussia Dortmund, the player confirmed on Friday.

Reus had been linked with the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United, but will now be under contract at Signal Iduna Park until 2023 with his fresh deal. 

Read more here

Heynckes could stay on at Bayern

Jupp Heynckes Bayern Munich

Jupp Heynckes has suggested that he might stay on past the end of the season at Bayern Munich coach.

Article continues below

“I can only say nothing at all is decided yet, because, until now I have definitely never said I will retire in the summer,” Heynckes told reporters on Friday.

“I have only ever referred to our agreement from last year which is still valid.

Read more here