Madrid to hijack Griezmann move
Real Madrid are looking at the possibility of hijacking Barcelona’s move for Antoine Griezmann, Diario Gol reports.
With Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema not firing for the Blancos this season, and the club looking to rebuild their attack, the Atletico ace has become a backup option to Neymar and Harry Kane.
And, as Griezmann is a Madrid fan, Los Blancos believes they can swoop in late to land the forward.
Bale wants Madrid stay
Gareth Bale still wants to stay with Real Madrid despite being upset with his early exit in the Champions League clash against Juventus, reports the Daily Mail.
The Welsh winger is still confident in his ability to break back into the team and believes that Zinedine Zidane has not closed the door on him completely.
Chelsea chasing Madrid’s Asensio
Real Madrid are concerned over Chelsea’s interest in Marco Asensio, according to Don Balon.
The Blues are making a strong push to bring in the 22-year-old, with Alvaro Morata pushing the Premier League side to make a deal happen this summer.
Drinkwater wanted by West Ham
West Ham are interested in signing Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who has failed to find a starting spot since joining the Blues from Leicester City, reports The Sun.
The report claims that the former Foxes’ midfielder could be lured by Leicester’s head of recruitment Eduardo Macia, who West Ham have made a priority to land this summer.
Ronaldo wants Guedes at Madrid
Cristiano Ronaldo is lobbying Florentino Pérez to sign Goncalo Guedes from Valencia this summer, claims Don Balon.
Ronaldo does not believe the club need to sign another top striker, like Harry Kane or Robert Lewandowski, because he believes he can lead the line.
Instead, he wants his young countryman brought to the club to help bolster the attack next season.
Madrid CL title could impact Griezmann
A third Champions League title on the trot for Real Madrid could impact the timing of Antoine Greizmann signing with Barcelona, Don Balon believes.
Should Los Blancos claim the crown again, Barcelona will rush through the Greizmann deal as a sort of response, though if Madrid come up short the Catalan club will take their time making the deal happen.
Bayern confirm Kovac as next manager
Bayern Munich have confirmed Niko Kovac will replace Jupp Heynckes as the club’s coach next season.
Widespread reports in Germany over the past couple of days had suggested the former Bayern defensive midfielder had won the race to succeed Jupp Heynckes, but Eintracht Franfurt board member Fredi Bobic said on Thursday the coach’s current club were unaware of any deal.
However. Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed the following day that an agreement has been made. Salihamidzic said: “We agreed a three-year contract on Thursday.
Read the full story on Goal.
Fire have discovery claim on Torres
The Chicago Fire have both a discovery claim and an interest in Atletico Madrid forward Fernando Torres, who will be a free agent this summer, according to MLSsoccer.com.
Sports Illustrated reported earlier in the week that interest in Torres across MLS was lukewarm, with the former Liverpool star’s asking price driving off potential buyers.
His agent has also publicly stated that he will likely head to either MLS or China.
Marquez set for boardroom move
Rafa Marquez’s final match as an Atlas player will be April 20’s Clasico Tapatio against Chivas, according to Record.
After the penultimate match of the season, Marquez would take on a boardroom role as a director. Marquez would be in charge of all aspects of the club, which will be fighting to avoid relegation next season. He could still go to the World Cup with Mexico should Juan Carlos Osorio want him to be part of the delegation.
Former Atlas player and current Univision commentator Pavel Pardo’s name continues to be mentioned as a potential sporting director.
Spurs and West Ham battle over Barca’s Gomes
Tottenham and West Ham are both looking to sign Barcelona’s Andre Gomes this summer, Sport reports.
The 24-year-old is out of favour at Barcelona but his versatility has made him a hot prospect for the Premier League clubs.
Everton want Nantes youngster
Everton are trying to persuade 16-year-old Nantes prospect Kamal Bafounta to join the Premier League side on a professional contract, L’Equipe claims.
The teenager could leave this summer for the small price of training fees to Nantes, and Everton have moved into position with his entourage in an attempt to lure him to England.