Liverpool to land Dybala if Salah is sold
Liverpool will look to sign Juventus forward Paulo Dybala this summer if Real Madrid prove successful in their pursuit of Mohamed Salah, reports TMW.
The Reds are reluctant to part with their 43-goal forward, but are aware of mounting interest in his services.
As a result, contingency plans are being drawn up and an Argentina international in Turin has emerged as Jurgen Klopp’s favoured option as cover.
Madrid to make Alisson bid
Real Madrid are ready to make an offer to sign Roma goalkeeper Alisson, according to RMC Sport.
Alisson has been linked with the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United after an impressive season with Roma, while talks have yet to take place over a new contract.
However, after previously targeting the likes of Thibaut Courtois and David de Gea, Madrid intend to bid for Alisson after holding talks with the Brazilian’s entourage.
Toure keen on Barca return
Yaya Toure would welcome the opportunity to head back to Barcelona if those at Camp Nou made a move to snap him up as a free agent once his Manchester City contract ends.
The 34-year-old is readying himself for a fresh start after eight years in England, with the Ivorian midfielder being allowed to move on by the newly crowned Premier League champions.
“I would head back to Barcelona,” Toure told El Larguero after taking in a final home game for City against Brighton on Wednesday.
Read the full story on Goal!
De Ligt wants to leave Ajax
Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt has told the club that he wants to leave at the end of the season, according to De Telegraaf.
De Ligt is widely regarded as one of the best young footballers in the world and could have the assistance of Mino Raiola in his efforts to secure a summer transfer.
Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Tottenham and Manchester City are all interested in the Netherlands international, who is under contract at Ajax until 2021.
A-League option for Iniesta
Barcelona great Andres Iniesta is attracting interest from A-League clubs but they will get limited help from Football Federation Australia (FFA), according to chief executive David Gallop.
Iniesta is set to leave the Liga champions this summer after 16 trophy-laden seasons with his boyhood club.
Check out the latest update on his future here.
Allegri ignoring future talk
Massimiliano Allegri says he is not thinking about his future as the in-demand Juventus head coach prepares for end-of-season talks amid Premier League links.
A target for Arsenal – as revealed by Goal – and their London rivals Chelsea, Allegri oversaw Juve’s 4-0 rout of Italian rivals AC Milan in Wednesday’s Coppa Italia final and remains focused on events in Turin.
Read the full story on Goal!
‘Liverpool need £200m transfer kitty’
Liverpool need to sign “four quality players worth £50 million each”, says John Aldridge, with heavy summer investment required to make the club Premier League title challengers.
The Reds already have a deal in place for RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita, but are expected to be busy when the transfer window re-opens.
John Henry has vowed to make funds available, so it remains to be seen who Jurgen Klopp will target.
Check out Aldridge’s opinion on recruitment plans here.
Six clubs keen on Fullkrug
Hannover striker Niclas Fullkrug is attracting interest from six teams in England, according to Bild.
The 25-year-old, who has netted 15 times this season, is being closely monitored by Premier League outfits Leicester, Newcastle and Watford.
Newly-promoted Cardiff are also keen, while Championship play-off hopefuls Fulham and Aston Villa are considering moves if they rejoin the English elite.
Stoke to take Wimmer hit
Stoke are prepared to take a substantial hit on £18 million defender Kevin Wimmer as they start planning for life in the Championship, reports The Telegraph.
The Potters are eager to offload their big-earning flops and could accept a cut-price £9m deal for their Austrian centre-half.
Saints planning Hughes talks
Southampton are ready to open contract talks with Mark Hughes after moving to the brink of Premier League safety, claims The Telegraph.
Only a wild swing in goal difference on the final weekend will send the Saints down and they are now prepared to reward the man who has edged them clear of trouble with an improved three-year deal.
Toure to swap Man City for New York City?
Yaya Toure could swap Manchester City for New York City this summer, according to Frank Lampard, with the Ivorian expected to receive offers from America, China and England.
After eight memorable years at the Etihad Stadium, the 34-year-old is set to drop into the free agent pool at the end of his current contract.
Find out what a former team-mate has had to say on his future here.
Iniesta still undecided on next club
Andres Iniesta revealed there are still “little details” to resolve as he decides on who is next club will be, insisting all possibilities are open outside of Europe.
The Barcelona icon is leaving the Liga champions at the end of the season and has been linked with moves to China, Japan and Australia after declaring he would not move to another European side.
“I said that I would not go to Europe and apart from that all possibilities are open,” Iniesta told beIN Sports.
Read the full article on Goal
Man City back in for Mahrez
Manchester City are back in talks to sign Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez in the summer, claims The Times.
Mahrez was wanted by City during the January transfer window, but the Premier League champions refused to meet Leicester’s £95 million ($128.6m) asking price.
Pep Guardiola’s side had previously offered £65m ($88m) and they will make a renewed attempt to bring in the Algeria international in time for next season.
PSG make push for Sessegnon
Paris Saint-Germain are making a big effort to sign teenage Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon, according to the Daily Mirror.
The 17-year-old is a long-term target of Tottenham and Manchester United, but the Ligue 1 champions could bid up to £50 million ($68m) for the left-sided player.
Sessegnon’s future could be dependent on whether Fulham reach the Premier League next season, with the Cottagers currently in the Championship play-offs.
I think Pogba is staying – Mourinho
Jose Mourinho feels Paul Pogba will be at Manchester United next season as the manager guaranteed neither him nor the club want to sell the star French midfielder.
Pogba has been linked to Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain amid reports of a fractured relationship with Mourinho.
“I think he’s going to be here next season,” Mourinho said ahead of Thursday’s trip to West Ham. “That’s my feeling.”
See what else he had to say right here on Goal
Arsenal managerial race down to five
Arsenal have established a five-man shortlist for their managerial role, according to the Daily Mail.
The list includes Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira, as well as more established names Massimilano Allegri, Joachim Low and Luis Enrique.
The report states that the idea of appointing a younger, less proven manager is gaining steam in the Gunners front office, giving a boost to Arteta and Vieira.
Rooney tells Everton he wants to join D.C. United
Wayne Rooney has told Everton he wants to leave the club and join MLS side D.C. United, reports the Daily Mail.
Goal understands the 32-year-old has held discussions with D.C. United , who are hoping to make a big-name acquisition as they move into a new stadium in July.
Rooney’s second spell with the Toffees could end after just one season, with a £12.5 million ($17m) deal nearing completion.
Sane won’t rush into Man City talks
Manchester City winger Leroy Sane is happy to wait until after the World Cup before starting talks over a new contract, claims The Sun.
The Premier League champions are keen to reward the Germany international with a bumper pay hike and extend a deal which is currently due to expire in 2021.
But, just like City team-mate Gabriel Jesus , the PFA Young Player of the Year is in no rush to sit down and discuss a deal.
Liverpool lead Leite chase
Liverpool are hoping to beat Premier League rivals Arsenal and Manchester City to the signing of Porto teenager Diogo Leite, reports The Guardian.
Arsenal are reportedly willing to match Leite’s €15 million (£13.1m/$17.7m) release clause, but face missing out on the 19-year-old.
The centre-back has been watched by Liverpool and he is currently most likely to link up with the Champions League finalists before heading out on loan next season.
Barca want 2019 De Jong deal
Barcelona want to line up a deal to sign Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong in the summer of 2019, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Plans are already well underway for 2018 summer reinforcements, with Antoine Griezmann the primary target and a deal agreed for Gremio midfielder Arthur Melo.
Reinvigorating an ageing midfield is also a longer-term priority for Barca and they want to put themselves in a position to sign the highly-rated De Jong.
Lewandowski will stay – Rummenigge
Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is adamant Robert Lewandowski will be staying at the club, amid rumours of a possible move to Real Madrid.
Lewandowski has emerged as a reported target for Madrid, with Karim Benzema enduring a difficult season in front of goal in La Liga.
But Rummenigge is calm about the situation, certain the striker will be pulling on a Bayern jersey again next season.
Check out the full story on Goal!
‘No going back for Barca target Griezmann’
Diego Costa has warned Atletico Madrid team-mate Antoine Griezmann there will be “no going back” if he joins Barcelona at the end of the season.
Griezmann has been strongly linked with a move to Camp Nou for much of the campaign, to Atletico’s chagrin , after a switch to Manchester United failed to materialise last year.
Such reports have intensified in recent days, but Costa has urged the Frenchman to think long and hard about leaving the Europa League finalists.
Check out the full story on Goal!
Iniesta’s ‘unrealistic’ Japan move denied by Vissel Kobe
Andres Iniesta has not held talks over a shock move to Vissel Kobe, according to the club’s head of player development Atsuhiro Miura.
The Barcelona captain had been expected to join Chinese Super League side Chongqing Lifan at the end of the season, but the club’s president Jiang Lizhang hinted in a statement released via social media on Sunday that Iniesta would not be joining as a player.
Reports indicated the Japanese team Kobe had emerged as the most likely destination for the Spain international, but Miura said reports of a deal that could be worth as much as €25million per year are wide of the mark.
Check out the full story on Goal!