Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Man City near £50m Zaha signing


Zaha nears £50m Man City move 


Wilfried Zaha is on the cusp of sealing a £50 million ($68m) move to Manchester City, according to  The Mirror .

The 25-year-old has turned his career around at Crystal Palace, becoming a star for Roy Hodgson’s team. 

Pep Guardiola has become a fan of Zaha and is determined to bring him to the Etihad Stadium just three years after the Ivory Coast international left Manchester United. 


Man City plotting £110m double deal


Manchester City are set to kick off their summer spending with a £110 million ($150m) double deal for Riyad Mahrez and Jorginho, reports the Daily Mail.

Leicester winger Mahrez has remained a top target for Pep Guardiola since the January window, while Goal recently revealed how Napoli midfielder Jorginho had come onto the radar of the Premier League champions .


Mourinho wants Griezmann swap


Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is looking to land Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann in a player-plus-cash agreement, claims Don Balon.

The Red Devils are prepared to pay €100 million for the France international, while also offering Atleti one of their players as compensation.


Bayern join Dembele chase


Bayern Munich are set to rival Liverpool in the hunt for Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele, according to Don Balon.

The Reds had been linked with a loan move for the France international, but Bayern are exploring the possibility of bringing the former Borussia Dortmund star back to Germany in a €100 million (£88m/$120m) deal.


Chelsea face Barrow competition


Chelsea and Juventus face competition from Borussia Dortmund for highly-rated Atalanta striker Musa Barrow, claims Calciomercato.

The 19-year-old has emerged as one of the most exciting talents in Italian football and is set to see a scramble for his signature sparked this summer.


Arsenal offered Lemar hope


Arsenal may be about to see the door opened to Monaco winger Thomas Lemar, with former Gunners star Robert Pires expecting his fellow Frenchman to be on the move this summer.

Arsene Wenger targeted the France international in 2017, only to see late approaches knocked back prior to the transfer deadline passing.

Read the full story on Goal!


Gunners to make Zivkovic move


Arsenal will lodge a bid for Benfica winger Andrija Zivkovic once the summer window swings open, according to Sport Witness.

The 21-year-old has a €60 million (£53m/$72m) release clause in a contract through to 2021, but the Gunners have watched him several times this season and are impressed with what they have seen.


Man Utd battle Liverpool for Lucas


Manchester United are prepared to battle it out with arch-rivals Liverpool for the signing of Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez, claims OKDiario.

Jose Mourinho is said to be a fan of the 26-year-old’s work rate, which he believes would slip seamlessly into the fold at Old Trafford.


Mourinho wants Kluivert at Man Utd


Jose Mourinho is eyeing a summer move for Ajax’s Justin Kluivert, The Guardian reports.

The 19-year-old has impressed in his first full season with the Eredivisie giants, attracting interest from several teams across Europe.

And Mourinho hopes United make a head start on luring the forward by making a bid when the transfer window opens.


Neymar hints at PSG stay


After modelling their new kit on Friday, Neymar told Paris Saint-Germain fans he wants to “continue giving them joy” as speculation mounts linking him with a move to Real Madrid.

Rumours continue to swirl that the world’s most expensive player could depart PSG after just one season in Ligue 1 and opt for a return to La Liga with the European champions.

Click here to see what the Brazilian has posted on social media.


Clubs lining up for Barca keeper Cillessen


Barcelona goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen finds himself a man in demand this summer, AS reports.

Teams in England, as well as Bayern Munich, are studying the Netherlands international shot-stopper, who is currently second choice to Marc-Andre ter Stegen at Camp Nou.


Walcott does not want Rooney to leave


Everton attacker Theo Walcott has said that he does not want Wayne Rooney to depart the club at the end of the season.

The former England and Manchester United star has been linked with a move to D.C. United.

Click here to get the full story.


Aspas unsure of Atletico links


After three prolific seasons with Celta, Iago Aspas has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid, where he could replace Antoine Griezmann.

The forward, however, is not sure his €40 million release clause will be paid.

Get the full story here.


Lenglet set for future call


Sevilla defender Clement Lenglet will be making a decision on his future in the next 10 days, Goal understands, with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United among those waiting on his call.

The in-demand centre-half has seen his stock rise considerably during the 2017-18 campaign, with Liverpool and Juventus also keen on acquiring his services.

Read the full story on the French star with Goal!


Man Utd end Jorginho pursuit


Manchester United have ended their chase for Napoli midfielder Jorginho, the Manchester Evening News reports.

The Red Devils’ decision to step aside in the pursuit of the Italy international means that neighbours Manchester City have a free run at the 26-year-old.

Jose Mourinho’s side, meanwhile, continue to monitor Fred, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Marco Verratti, Jean-Michael Seri and Arturo Vidal.


Man Utd wage bill to be slashed to fund £150m spend


Jose Mourinho is willing to dramatically reduce Manchester United’s wage bill in order to fund a summer transfer kitty of £150m ($203m), the Mirror reports.

The news means that Daley Blind, Luke Shaw and Matteo Darmian are all players likely to be offloaded.


D.C. United confirm Rooney interest


D.C. United head coach Ben Olsen has confirmed the MLS side’s interest in Wayne Rooney.

The England international has been in talks with United less than a year after his return to boyhood club Everton, but Olsen says the deal has not been finalized.

“Certainly, the deal is not done,” he told  TMZ.  “Obviously, there is some interest from our end.” 

Read the full story here


Chelsea to swap Kante for Asensio


Chelsea are willing to do anything to sign Marco Asensio from Real Madrid, even if it means giving up N’Golo Kante for him, according to Don Balon.

The Spaniard is Roman Abramovich’s top target for the summer and are willing to offer a star player in exchange for him.

Madrid are said to have turned their interest away from Eden Hazard and towards Neymar, so Chelsea will instead put their midfield hero Kante into the deal instead.


Griezmann holds showdown talks with Atletico


Antoine Griezmann’s representatives held talks with Atletico Madrid over the striker’s future, says Mundo Deportivo.

Although the striker had hinted to the club that he wants to leave to join Barcelona, he is considering turning back on that decision and remaining with Atletico.

On Friday, his lawyers met with Madrid’s hierarchy to discuss the legal implications over his next move.


Lazio want Arsenal’s Lucas Perez


Lazio will look to sign Lucas Perez from Arsenal in the next transfer window to replace Nani, Tuttomercatoweb   claims.

Nani has played a limited role since joining the Serie A side on loan but will return to Valencia next season. 

Looking for another winger, Lazio believe Perez, who is on loan at Deportivo, will be the ideal affordable option.


Mancini to take Italy job


Roberto Mancini will leave his job as Zenit St Petersburg to take the helm of the Italy national team, Corriere della Serra reports.

With two years left on his contract, the former Inter and Manchester City boss will resign from the Russian side, with the announcement expected on Monday.

Mancini will replace Azzurri caretaker boss Luigi Di Biagio as they look to recover from their failure to qualify for the World Cup. 


Juve & Napoli want Perin – Genoa chief


Juventus and Napoli have both enquired about Genoa goalkeeper Mattia Perin, the club’s president has admitted.

Almost seven years after he made his first appearance for the Italian side, the 25-year-old shot stopper has been linked with a step up and is attracting the best in the country.

“In the last league meeting in Rome, Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta stopped me and said we have to talk about Mattia,” Enrico Preziosi told Corriere dello Sport. “I’m waiting for a phone call to sit down at a table.

“Juventus, among others, must hurry because Napoli want him too and soon the negotiations could start.”


Guardiola wants long Sterling stay


Pep Guardiola hopes to see Raheem Sterling remain at Manchester City for years to come.

The 23-year-old attacker has apparently put contract talks with the club on hold as he closes an excellent campaign, but his manager does not expect him to be on the way out.

Click here to see what Guardiola had to say


Liverpool join Malcom chase


Liverpool have become the latest Premier League club to join the hunt to sign Bordeaux attacker Malcom, claims the Daily Mail.

The 21-year-old Brazilian is the latest young attacker to land on the Reds’ shortlist, joining Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic and Bayer Leverkusen’s Leon Bailey.

Malcom, who is thought to command a fee around £40 million, also has reportedly drawn interest from Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal.


Rooney to become one of MLS’ highest paid players


Wayne Rooney is set to become one of Major League Soccer’s highest paid players should he join D.C. United, reports the Washington Post.

Rooney would stand to make anywhere between $5 million and $8m a season (£3.7m/£6m), while the top earner in MLS this season, Sebastian Giovinco, makes $7.1m (£5.2m) per season.

The basics for a deal have been agreed to between Rooney and D.C. United, though incentives and a transfer fee with Everton still need to be hammered out.

The deal is not done however and while the MLS side appear to be the favorite, teams from the Chinese Super League could still enter the mix.

Article continues below

Man City lead Jorginho chase


Napoli are willing to sell midfielder Jorginho and Manchester City are the frontrunners to be the beneficiaries, reports the Daily Mail.

The Serie A side are willing to part with the Italy international for £53 million ($72m) and City, who have monitored the midfielder all season, thought to be in the lead for his services.

Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham are also in the mix, with Liverpool expected to be lurking as well.

Let’