Bakambu on Tottenham’s radar
Tottenham are interested in bolstering their attacking options with the signing of Beijing Guoan star Cedric Bakambu in the ‘very near future’, L’est Republican claims.
Spurs are said to see the DR Congo international as a back-up striker to Harry Kane who spearheads the club’s attack.
Bakambu moved to China from Villarreal in January and he has been a key player in Roger Schmidt’s squad who are placed fourth in the Chinese Super League.
The 27-year-old has scored 19 goals in 23 appearances for the Imperial Guards so far in his debut season.
Newcastle monitor Camara
Newcastle United scouts monitored Olympiakos midfielder Mady Camara in action during Sunday’s Greek league game against AEK Athens, Sport in a Storm reports.
The 21-year-old who has featured in 11 games for the Karaiskakis Stadium outfit across all competitions this season, caught the eye of the Magpies with his impressive display in Olympiakos’ Europa League match against Burnley back in August.
The Red and Whites are close to tying Camara to a new five-year deal, that will increase his wages to turn the Premier League club interest.
Roma still keen on Ziyech
Roma are still interested in signing Ajax star Hakim Ziyech, according to Calciomercato .
The Serie A side were heavily linked with the Morocco playmaker in the summer but could not finalise a five-year deal with the Dutch Footballer of the Year before the close of the transfer window.
Ziyech has had an impressive start to the 2018-19 campaign with four goals and three assists in eight league games.
Tottenham & Arsenal monitor Bailly
Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are monitoring Manchester United defender Eric Bailly who has struggled for playing time this season, Daily Star reports.
Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly an admirer of the 24-year-old while Unai Emery has known the former Villarreal centre-back from his stint in the Spanish La Liga as Sevilla boss.
Bailly has been restricted to just three Premier League starts this season and was replaced after 19 minutes of Saturday’s 3-2 comeback win over Newcastle United.
Crystal Palace target Kanon
Crystal Palace are set to make a bid for ADO Den Haag and Ivorian defender Wilfried Kanon in January, the Sun reports.
The 24-year-old centre-back tops the Eagles’ shopping list as they look to strengthen their defence during the winter transfer window.
Kanon is still under contract with the Eredivisie club until 2022 but could be tempted to link up with compatriot Wilfried Zaha at Selhurst Park.
Barca considering move for Koulibaly
Barcelona are set to move for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly if a deal for Ajax’s Matthijs De Ligt falls through, Fussball claims via Mundo Deportivo .
Ernesto Valverde’s side are ready to cash in on De Ligt as a long-term replacement for Gerard Pique but still have their eyes fixed on the Senegalese defender, RB Leipzig’s Dayot Upamecano and Inter Milan’s Milan Skriniar as alternatives.
The representatives of the La Liga club were said to be in the Stadio San Paolo specifically to watch Koulibaly in action in Napoli’s 1-0 victory over Liverpool in their last Champions League game.
Tomori to miss Chelsea return
Chelsea are set to turn down Derby County’s request to play Fikayo Tomori when both teams in the Carabao Cup later this month,according to Standard Sport .
Tomori and Mason Mount are Chelsea loanees who played crucial roles in helping Derby knockout Manchester United from the Cup competition last month.
The Rams will visit the Stamford Bridge on October 31 for the round of 16 fixture and the the Anglo-Nigerian who is on a season-long loan with Frank Lampard’s side, could miss the encounter if his parent club do not permit him.
Bayern join Pepe’s chase
Bayern Munich have Arsenal and Manchester United in the pursuit of highly-rated Lille star Nicolas Pepe, according to Sport Bild .
The Ivorian forward has been in sensational form in the Ligue 1 this season with six goals in nine appearances.
The German champions are set to hold talks with the £30m-rated winger in the coming weeks ahead of the winter transfer window.
Napoli set Koulibaly price
Napoli are demanding for over €100million for Senegal’s Kalidou Koulibaly, Corriere dello Sport claims.
Despite rejecting an offer of €100million from a Premier League club in the summer , the Serie A are reportedly opened to offers for the 27-year-old who recently signed a new five-year contract with the club.
Several European clubs have monitored Koulibaly over the years including Barcelona who travelled to Italy to see the defender in action against Liverpool on Wednesday.