Yerry Mina wants Barcelona stay but club listening to offers

Barcelona are willing to listen to offers for Yerry Mina as they look to move the centre-back on just six months after signing him, even though the player says he never wants to leave.

The 23-year-old Colombia international joined the Catalan side from Palmeiras in January and made just five La Liga appearances as they finished the season as domestic champions.

But the defender, who scored the opening goal in Colombia’s 3-0 win over Poland in the World Cup on Sunday, will not be given a place in the squad next season, as he is not part of Ernesto Valverde’s plan.

Barca are expected to complete the signing of Clement Grenier from Sevilla to provide extra cover in defence for Samuel Umtiti and Gerard Pique, while the imminent arrival of Arthur Melo from Gremio means there is one more non-EU player position taken up.

Barca will try to engineer a permanent move for the centre-back, but are open to an initial loan deal, with Borussia Dortmund and Turkish side Fenerbahce credited with an interest.

[embedded content]

The centre-back himself, however, feels he has the support of the club does not want to leave Camp Nou just a few months into his five-and-a-half year contract.

“For me, Barcelona are the best team in the world. I don’t want to leave and I never do. I like the club, the city, the people, the players here… everything,” he told EFE

“It’s wonderful because I always feel supported. Now I am relaxed, I’ve been doing things in the best way possible, trying to improve, because that’s what I want.” 

Colombia coach Jose Pekerman stood up for Mina before the World Cup, criticising Barcelona for not playing him.

“In the last few months in Barcelona he hasn’t played much and that’s not great, when he had to play they weren’t many expectations,” he said.

“Football is very fast, a very fast paced game, we have to decide very quickly what you’re going to do.

Article continues below

“I’m sure it was tough with him to cope with that situation, we have no doubts and we have no doubt about him being here.

“I think he’s got a great future in world football. We know that the current situation is difficult because it’s a very important club and he joined the club at a moment when they really wanted to play with just one play.

“It shouldn’t be like that, football is a team game and when you have a team you have to play the same way.”

Let’

Monaco set to poach Chelsea youngster Jonathan Panzo

Monaco are set to poach young Chelsea defender Jonathan Panzo, with drawn out negotiations coming to a conclusion, Goal understands.

Panzo’s Chelsea scholarship expires in 2019, and he has informed Stamford Bridge officials that he wants to move to the Ligue 1 club.

The Blues will be due a fee if the deal for the 17-year-old is completed, reported to be £2.5 million (€2.8m/$3.3m).

Michael Emenalo, formerly the Premier League club’s technical director, has played a pivotal role in convincing Panzo to join Monaco, with the England Under-17 centre-back thus becoming the latest British player to try his luck abroad.

He will be the second Blues youngster to leave for an overseas club in recent months, with Harvey St Clair having joined Venezia in Italy’s Serie B.

Article continues below

[embedded content]

Callum Hudson-Odoi, who broke into the first team under Antonio Conte last season, also has several European clubs interested in securing his services, as top clubs including the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich keep tabs on his development.

Panzo won the Under-17 World Cup with England last year, and has also been capped at Under-18 level.

He enjoyed a stellar 2017-18 campaign, making 21 appearances in all competitions, with the club winning an unprecedented quadruple of the U18 Premier League southern title, U18 Premier League Cup, FA Youth Cup and the U18 Premier League.

Let’

AS Monaco set to poach Chelsea youngster Jonathan Panzo

AS Monaco are set to poach young Chelsea defender Jonathan Panzo, with drawn out negotiations coming to a conclusion, Goal understands.

Panzo’s Chelsea scholarship expires in 2019, and he has informed Stamford Bridge officials that he wants to move to the Ligue 1 club.

The Blues will be due a fee if the deal for the 17-year-old is completed, reported to be £2.5 million (€2.8m/$3.3m).

Michael Emenalo, formerly the Premier League club’s technical director, has played a pivotal role in convincing Panzo to join Monaco, with the England Under-17 centre-back thus becoming the latest British player to try his luck abroad.

He will be the second Blues youngster to leave for an overseas club in recent months, with Harvey St Clair having joined Venezia in Italy’s Serie B.

Article continues below

[embedded content]

Callum Hudson-Odoi, who broke into the first team under Antonio Conte last season, also has several European clubs interested in securing his services, as top clubs including the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich keep tabs on his development.

Panzo won the Under-17 World Cup with England last year, and has also been capped at Under-18 level.

He enjoyed a stellar 2017-18 campaign, making 21 appearances in all competitions, with the club winning an unprecedented quadruple of the U18 Premier League southern title, U18 Premier League Cup, FA Youth Cup and the U18 Premier League.

Let’

Mexico star Layun eyes Sevilla return but admits ‘it’s complicated’

Mexico midfielder Miguel Layun is unsure where he will play his club football next season, but he is keen on a permanent move to Sevilla.

The 30-year-old, who has impressed in his country’s two World Cup games, joined the Spanish side on loan from Porto in January, scoring twice in 18 appearances.

Layun has yet to hear from Sevilla about a permanent deal, though he stated it would be “a dream” to continue his career in Andalusia.

“I’m just like everyone, waiting for something to be confirmed,” he told Cadena SER.

“In a tournament like the World Cup I’m totally focused on what I want to achieve here, but of course there is always that issue of not knowing what will be of my future. 

[embedded content]

“Participating at such an important club in Europe was very special. I expressed that it would be a dream to be able to continue with the team. 

Article continues below

“I still haven’t ruled out the possibility of staying at Sevilla, because for me it would be very nice.

“It’s complicated. But I think if they had the intention [to sign me] they would have already communicated with me and with my agent.”

Layun will likely feature for Mexico in their final Group F clash on Wednesday against Sweden, where they need just a point to qualify for the last 16 as winners of their pool.

Let’

Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Madrid and Barcelona to clash over Thiago


Madrid and Barca to clash over Thiago


Barcelona want a reunion with Thiago Alcantara but face a battle with rivals Real Madrid over his services, report Sport .

Thiago played for the Barcelona first team from 2009-13 before departing for Bayern Munich, however, the Bundesliga champions will allow the midfielder to leave for €70 million (£62m/$82m).

The La Liga club have decided to go in for Thiago, but have to hope he doesn’t sign with their rivals.


Bayern rejected Lewandowski-Benzema swap


Bayern Munich rejected an offer from Real Madrid to swap Robert Lewandowski with Karim Benzema, Kicker claims.

The Bayern striker has become the Spanish side’s top target as they look to bolster their attack and he has already expressed a desire to leave.

Madrid hoped a straight swap with France man Benzema might have interested the Bundesliga side but could not convince them to take him.


Juve consider €20m Godin deal


Juventus are leading the chase to sign Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin, according to AS.

Godin has a year left on his contract at Atletico and has a €20 million (£17.6m/$23.3m) release clause, which Juve are considering triggering as they search for a new leader for the heart of their defence.

The 32-year-old’s impressive World Cup for Uruguay has only heightened interest in his services and the centre-half is weighing up the potential of one last big contract if he decides to leave Atletico.


Dortmund rule out Morata bid


Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc says Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is too expensive for the club, as they continue to search for a replacement for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Dortmund sold Aubameyang to Arsenal in January, and are focusing their efforts on recruiting another centre-forward this summer.

Zorc believes it will be incredibly hard for Dortmund to extract the Spaniard from Stamford Bridge after he cost an initial £58 million ($76.8m) last summer.

Read the full story on Goal right here!


Pastore set for €20m Roma move


Javier Pastore will land in Italy on Monday to complete a €20 million (£18m/$23m) move to Roma.

The Argentine has been looking for a move away from Paris Saint-Germain this summer and flirted with a switch to West Ham, while Liverpool had been linked to him recently.

However, the 29-year-old is set to return to Italy after Roma reached an agreement with the French champions in a deal that includes an extra €4m in bonuses,

Read the full story on Goal right here!


Athletic in talks with PSG over Yuri Berchiche


Athletic Bilbao are in negotiations with PSG over the potential summer signing of left-back Yuri Berchiche, Goal understands.

The 28-year-old made 32 appearances in all competitions for the Ligue 1 champions last season, scoring twice and providing five assists.

Athletic are now keen to acquire his signature, as they look for defensive reinforcements in the summer transfer market.

Read the full story on Goal right here!


Fekir could sign Lyon extension


Nabil Fekir is open to signing a contract extension at Lyon after a transfer to Liverpool fell through, president Jean-Michel Aulas says.

The 24-year-old appeared on the verge of joining the Premier League side as the clubs discussed a £60 million (€68m/$80m) transfer, only for Lyon to declare that he is going nowhere when negotiations hit a snag.

Aulas revealed that Lyon called off the deal because it was taking too much time and added that there is further interest in the France star, but he is confident the Ligue 1 side can hold onto their attacking midfield star.

Read the full story on Goal right here!


Man Utd target Pellegrini over Milinkovic-Savic


Manchester United are looking at Roma’s Lorenzo Pellegrini as their main midfield option over Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, reports the Manchester Evening News .

The Serbia international has been a main target of the Red Devils this summer, but they have baulked at Lazio’s £88 million price ($116m) tag.

Pellegrini is seen as a cheaper alternative after he re-joined Roma last season for €10m from Sassuolo last season.


West Ham to only offer Wilshere one year


West Ham United will not go beyond a one-year contract offer for Jack Wilshere, putting a move to the London Stadium in doubt, reports the Sun .

The midfielder’s time at Arsenal has come to a close after talks over a new deal broke down last week.

Wilshere’s availability on a free transfer has made him appealing to West Ham, but his history of fitness problems means the Hammers do not want to offer him a long-term deal.


Real Madrid begin Quintero talks


Real Madrid have begun talks with Colombia international Juan Fernando Quintero, reports Don Balon .

Though Quintero only joined River Plate last December, new Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui rates him from their time together at Porto.

Though the World Cup is expected to raise his price, that is not likely to be a problem for Madrid.


Silva to move on four Everton players


New Everton manager Marco Silva is prepared to move on four players ahead of the upcoming Premier League season, reports the Daily Star .

Silva has already shipped out Ramiro Funes Mori, and is looking to also part ways with Morgan Schneiderlin, Ashley s and Yannick Bolasie.

Wayne Rooney also appears to be set to depart for MLS side D.C. United.


Hazard offered to Real Madrid


Chelsea star Eden Hazard was offered to Real Madrid by his father days before the Champions League final in Kiev, reports Marca .

Hazard said last week that Madrid knew what they had to do if they wished to sign him, and his father has told the Spanish club that contract negotiations at Stamford Bridge have come to a standstill.

The attacker is not happy with the lack of Champions League football at Chelsea this upcoming season and his father, Thierry, looks to have tried to facilitate a move.


Cancelo close to Juventus move


Valencia and Juventus are close to agreeing a deal for Joao Cancelo, reports Mundo Deportivo .

The right-back played on loan at Inter last season, but appears set to join Serie A champions Juventus next season for €38 million (£33m/$44m).


Five Premier League clubs interested in Mooy


West Ham United are the latest team in the Premier League to show interest in Huddersfield midfielder Aaron Mooy, reports The World Game .

The Australia international reportedly has the interest of Everton and Southampton, with West Ham and two unnamed Premier League clubs also admirers of the midfielder.

In addition, a club in Serie A and a side in France are looking at Mooy, who has a contract through to 2020. 


Ritchie could swap Newcastle for Bournemouth


Matt Ritchie could make a return to Bournemouth in a swap deal for Josh King, reports the Sun .

Rafa Benitez is hoping to secure King, who is rated at £20 million ($26m), but does not want to meet Bournemouth’s asking price and may offer Ritchie in an effort to get the price down.

Article continues below

Chelsea to offer Morata for Pulisic


Chelsea are hoping to use Borussia Dortmund’s interest in Alvaro Morata to help land them Christian Pulisic, according to the Daily Mail .

The Blues are hoping to beat Bayern Munich to the American teenager’s signature and, while the Bundesliga club have gone cool on Michy Batshuayi, they are interested in Morata.

Morata may not have the same desire for a move to BVB, however, as he has held talks with clubs in Italy after a disappointing debut campaign with Chelsea.

Let’