I hope Cahill stays at Chelsea – Giroud

Olivier Giroud hopes that Gary Cahill will stay at Chelsea despite the club captain claiming he might leave in January .

Antonio Rudiger’s injury against West Ham led to Cahill’s first appearance of the season as he stepped off the bench at the London Stadium, but the England international has failed to even make the majority of his side’s match day squads in 2018-19.

Cahill had a major role in Antonio Conte’s back three when the club won the Premier League and FA Cup over the past two campaigns, but Maurizio Sarri has not found a use for the 32-year-old after switching back to a back four.

Giroud was a fringe player at Arsenal before moving to Chelsea, but after standing out for the Blues, was chosen as France’s leading striker at the World Cup.

And he has been impressed by Cahill and is hopeful he will stay at Stamford Bridge beyond January.

“We have a lot of good players who can play in the starting XI,” Giroud told reporters. “The problem is we have four-five centre backs and the coach made his choice. Gary is not in a good position because it is quite tough for him, he doesn’t play so much.

“I understand that he wants to play more. At one stage I was the same and I didn’t like that. We are happy when we are on the pitch. I think his heart is still in Chelsea and hopefully we will keep him because we need him. He needs to be happy, that is the main thing.

Article continues below

“But I hope he stays because he is important for us, he is a very good player. He’s been at Chelsea for six years, he is one of the faces of Chelsea and one of our captains. We need him.”

Cahill could be in line to start Wednesday’s Carabao Cup match against Liverpool at Anfield, with Rudiger missing training after coming off injured.

The cup game is followed by a Premier League match against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Saturday as Sarri’s side look to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.

Let’

Vinicius needs to leave Real Madrid – Salgado

Vinicius Junior needs to leave Real Madrid on loan in order to develop his game, Miguel Salgado has argued.

The Brazilian arrived at Santiago Bernabeu in the summer amid great fanfare, but has failed to make an impression in Julen Lopetegui’s plans thus far.

While the 18-year-old has been in impressive touch for the reserve side and received a first call to the senior squad for the weekend’s 1-0 victory over Espanyol, he finds himself well down the pecking order, particularly as Mariano Diaz has started to catch the eye after scoring against Roma in the Champions League last week.

Salgado is fearful that the €45 million (£40m/$53m) price tag upon the former Flamengo player’s shoulders has weighed heavily upon him and believes that perhaps making an escape from the Spanish capital could be the wisest move.

“We have to think about what we should do with him now,” he told UOL. “There’s exaggerated pressure on the coach and the player. You have to stay calm and wait for your chance little by little. And maybe he should look for a strong team in Spain where he can play without so much pressure but with more minutes.

“Pressure isn’t good for young players. And he’s got a lot of it. Real Madrid is not just any team – it’s a team that’s under a different kind of pressure. 

“The boy cost €45m when nobody knew him and is a player who has done well for the second team by showing something different from the others. He’s spectacular at dribbling and in terms of his speed. There’s no doubt he’s a great investment for the future.”

Article continues below

Salgado believes that Vinicius should use Marcelo as his role model.

“He reminds me of Marcelo when he first signed,” he continued. “He was a kid and nobody had high expectations about him. He arrived at the same time as Fernando Gago and Gonzalo Higuain and was the least known.

“At the beginning, he suffered a lot, mainly defensively, but was very good in attack. We spoke with him and knew he’d adapt. He knew how to wait for his moment. But he didn’t have the pressure of Vinicius and didn’t suffer from him.”

Let’

African All Stars Transfer News & Rumours: Monaco monitor Wilfried Zaha


Monaco monitor Zaha


Monaco could launch a bid for Crystal Palace ace Wilfried Zaha in January after sporting director Michael Emenalo was spotted to see the Ivorian in action against Huddersfield Town, London News Online reports.

Emenalo was present at the John Smith’s Stadium and witnessed Zaha score the only goal in the win over ?Huddersfield a fortnight ago.

The Cote d’Ivoire international only committed his future to the Eagles with a new five-year contract in August but the former French champions could launch an assault on the 25-year-old following the sales of ?Thomas Lemar to ?Atletico Madrid, ?Kylian Mbappe to PSG, and ?Fabinho to ?Liverpool.


Arsenal check on Ismaila Sarr


Arsenal are interested in signing Rennes winger Ismaila Sarr, according to Mirror.

The Senegalese youngster has attracted several European heavyweights with Inter Milan also in the running to secure his services.

Sarr who was a member of Aliou Cisse’s squad to the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia, is valued around £20 million.


Sunderland part ways with Ndong


Didier Ndong has been sacked by Sunderland for a breach of contract, the League One club announced.

The Gabon international had not turned up for training at all this summer with any given reason following the club’s relegation from the Championship.

 


Al Ahly plot loan return for Sobhi


Egyptian champions Al Ahly are planning to re-sign their former player Ramadan Sobhi on loan from Huddersfield Town in January, Albawaba reports.

The 21-year-old has struggled to make his way into David Wayner’s squad this season since his arrival from Stoke City in June.

Sobhi is currently recuperating from a knee injury and has managed just six minutes of Premier League action so far this season. 


Aina aims for Chelsea return


Ola Aina’s goal is to return to Chelsea at the end of his season-long loan with Torino next year, his agent Emeka Obasi disclosed.

Aina’s deal with the Bulls includes an option to buy but the Nigeria international has his eyes fixed in Maurizio Sarri’s team at Stamford Bridge.

Read more here on Goal


Ojo to dump England for Nigeria


Reims winger Sheyi Ojo has stated his readiness to honour Nigeria’s invitation to the national team if they come calling now.

The 21-year-old who was a member of England’s U20 World Cup winning squad revealed that he would ‘never turn down’ the three-time African champions.

Read more here on Goal! 


Moukandjo retires from Cameroon duty


Cameroon captain Benjamin Moukandjo has been forced to retire from the national duty by comments made by coach Clarence Seedorf.

Seedorf snubbed players in the Chinese Super League for his first competitive game and made some remarks about them which prompted the 29-year-old to call time on his international career.

Read more here on Goal! 


West Brom to sign Sako on short-term deal


West Bromwich Albion are ready to strengthen their attacking force with the signing of free agent Bakary Sako on a short-term contract, according to Daily Mail .

The Malian forward has been training with the Baggies since he left Crystal Palace following the expiry of his contract at the end of last season.

However, Darren Moore is looking to boost his side’s chances of gaining promotion to the English top-flight with the 30-year-old who scored six goals in 19 matches in the 2017-18 campaign.

West Brom are placed third in the Championship with five wins from nine games.


Fulham plot £18m Cornet swoop


Fulham are preparing to make an £18 million bid for Lyon forward Maxwel Cornet in January, the Sun reports.

The Cottagers are ready to open talks for Cote d’Ivoire international who was on their radar this summer. 

Cornet’s starring role for the Lyon this summer has convinced the Premier League club after helping the Ligue 1 side stun Manchester City In Wednesday’s Uefa Champions League outing.

Article continues below

Lille confirm Barca interest in Pepe


Lille owner Gerard Lopez has confirmed Barcelona’s interest in Nicolas Pepe, and suggests the club may be forced to sell him in January.

Pepe has scored four goals already this season, including a stunning hat-trick in a 3-2 win over Amiens, with reports claiming Manchester United are among the clubs to be keen.

Read more here on Goal

Let’

Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Mourinho blasted Pogba after Wolves draw

After rewarding Jack Grealish with a new contract, Aston Villa are set to discuss a new deal for defender James Chester, according to the Telegraph.

Chester was the subject of interest from Stoke City over the summer and has 18 months left on his current contract.

Grealish signed a five-year deal on Monday, which will see his previous salary more than doubled.

Let’

African All Stars Transfer News & Rumours: Sunderland part ways with Didier Ndong


Sunderland part ways with Ndong


Didier Ndong has been sacked by Sunderland for a breach of contract, the League One club announced.

The Gabon international had not turned up for training at all this summer with any given reason following the club’s relegation from the Championship.

More to follow on Goal… 


Al Ahly plot loan return for Sobhi


Egyptian champions Al Ahly are planning to re-sign their former player Ramadan Sobhi on loan from Huddersfield Town in January, Albawaba reports.

The 21-year-old has struggled to make his way into David Wayner’s squad this season since his arrival from Stoke City in June.

Sobhi is currently recuperating from a knee injury and has managed just six minutes of Premier League action so far this season. 


Aina aims for Chelsea return


Ola Aina’s goal is to return to Chelsea at the end of his season-long loan with Torino next year, his agent Emeka Obasi disclosed.

Aina’s deal with the Bulls includes an option to buy but the Nigeria international has his eyes fixed in Maurizio Sarri’s team at Stamford Bridge.

Read more here on Goal


Ojo to dump England for Nigeria


Reims winger Sheyi Ojo has stated his readiness to honour Nigeria’s invitation to the national team if they come calling now.

The 21-year-old who was a member of England’s U20 World Cup winning squad revealed that he would ‘never turn down’ the three-time African champions.

Read more here on Goal! 


Moukandjo retires from Cameroon duty


Cameroon captain Benjamin Moukandjo has been forced to retire from the national duty by comments made by coach Clarence Seedorf.

Seedorf snubbed players in the Chinese Super League for his first competitive game and made some remarks about them which prompted the 29-year-old to call time on his international career.

Read more here on Goal! 


West Brom to sign Sako on short-term deal


West Bromwich Albion are ready to strengthen their attacking force with the signing of free agent Bakary Sako on a short-term contract, according to Daily Mail .

The Malian forward has been training with the Baggies since he left Crystal Palace following the expiry of his contract at the end of last season.

However, Darren Moore is looking to boost his side’s chances of gaining promotion to the English top-flight with the 30-year-old who scored six goals in 19 matches in the 2017-18 campaign.

West Brom are placed third in the Championship with five wins from nine games.


Fulham plot £18m Cornet swoop


Fulham are preparing to make an £18 million bid for Lyon forward Maxwel Cornet in January, the Sun reports.

The Cottagers are ready to open talks for Cote d’Ivoire international who was on their radar this summer. 

Cornet’s starring role for the Lyon this summer has convinced the Premier League club after helping the Ligue 1 side stun Manchester City In Wednesday’s Uefa Champions League outing.


Lille confirm Barca interest in Pepe


Lille owner Gerard Lopez has confirmed Barcelona’s interest in Nicolas Pepe, and suggests the club may be forced to sell him in January.

Pepe has scored four goals already this season, including a stunning hat-trick in a 3-2 win over Amiens, with reports claiming Manchester United are among the clubs to be keen.

Read more here on Goal

Article continues below

Leeds United monitor Kasimpasa’s Diagne


English Championship outfit Leeds United are still interested in signing Kasimpasa attacker Mbaye Diagne in January, reports Turkish Football .

After failing to land the Senegalese forward this summer, the Elland Road outfit are keen on the services of the 26-year-old who is understood to be valued at a bargain £3.6 million.

Diagne has been in top form in the Turkish Super Lig this campaign with seven goals in five league games for the Apaches.

Let’