Still some things to sort in Jorginho to Man City deal – Alberto Galassi

Manchester City are hopeful Italian international Jorginho will become their first summer signing, but board member Alberto Galassi says there’s still work to be done, before a deal is completed.

Goal reported on Wednesday that the 26-year-old is expected to join City from Napoli in the coming days for a €50 million ($66m) fee. 

Jorginho and his agent are poised to finalise the move after a payment structure between City and Napoli was agreed earlier this week.

As revealed in May, City had already seen a bid of around £39m ($52m) rejected for Jorginho.

After weeks of further haggling, a fee of around £46m (€52m/$60.4m) plus bonuses worth around £6m (€6.8m/$7.9m) was provisionally agreed on Monday.

[embedded content]

City had agreed personal terms with Jorginho many weeks ago, having identified him as their priority midfield target

Pep Guardiola has identified the midfielder as a replacement for Yaya Toure, but Galassi told Sky Sports Italia that negotiations are still on-going between the Premier League champions and Serie A runner-up.

Article continues below

“The club is interested, the player is also interested and Napoli is not opposed to the move,” he said.

“Having said that, there are still some things to sort out and it’s not done yet. It’s not an easy negotiation.”

Jorginho has made more than 130 appearances for Napoli since joining the club from Verona in 2014 and has earned eight caps for Italy.

Let’

Bale needs Real Madrid assurances over more playing time, says agent

Gareth Bale’s agent says Real Madrid must assure the Wales star he will feature more regularly next season if they are to keep him.

Bale threw his future at the club into doubt after last month’s Champions League final win over Liverpool, expressing his unhappiness over a lack of game-time under Zinedine Zidane.

The Frenchman has since left the club, with former Spain head coach Julen Lopetegui in the hot seat for the 2018-19 season.

Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, has suggested Lopetegui will need to find a regular place for the attacker or he could seek to leave the Santiago Bernabeu.

“I think we have to have a chat with Real Madrid and see where we’re going,” Barnett told Sky Sports News.

[embedded content]

“He wants a better year than he had last year. He wants to play more, and that’s paramount to him.

“I think he’s one of the top three or four players on Earth. For somebody like him, he has to play. It’s not about money.

“He wants to win the Ballon d’Or and I think he can.”

Bale scored twice in the 3-1 win over Liverpool in Kiev – the first a stunning overhead kick – to help Los Blancos claim a third consecutive Champions League title.

While Barnett insists his client has nothing to prove, he knows that high-profile impact has put him in a strong position.

“I think that goal elevated an interest in him. But we already knew how good he is,” Bale’s agent said. 

Article continues below

“He doesn’t need to prove how good he is. It was a magnificent goal and the timing was great too.

“He loves his life in Spain. He has three children, and he’s very happy there. But we have to see. He has to play football.”

Let’

Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Man Utd learn Boateng price


Man Utd learn Boateng price


Manchester United have been told by Bayern Munich the price for Jerome Boateng is around £50 million (€56.9m/$66m), reports the Manchester Evening News .

Jose Mourinho is searching for centre-back help this summer and while talks continue over Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld, the manager is also looking at cheaper options.

Whereas the Spurs defender has been priced at £70m, Boateng, who Bayern will let leave this summer, could be had for much less.


Chelsea join Pjanic chase


Chelsea are ready to rival Barcelona for Juventus’ Miralem Pjanic, reports Corriere dello Sport .

Maurizio Sarri, who is expected to become Chelsea manager, views him as a possible replacement to Cesc Fabregas.


Nainggolan nears Inter move


Roma’s Radja Nainggolan is near a deal to join Inter in a cash plus player exchange, reports Sky Sports Italia.

Roma would receive €24 million (£21m/$28m), youth team player Nicolo Zaniolo and full-back Davide Santon.

Roma would then take the money from the swap to buy Paris Saint-Germain’s Javier Pastore for around €24m.


City near £50m Jorginho move


Manchester City are closing in on a deal worth around £50 million (€56.9m/$66m) for Napoli midfielder Jorginho, Goal understands.

Jorginho and his agent are poised to finalise the move after a payment structure between City and Napoli was agreed earlier this week.

City are still in talks with Leicester regarding a move for Riyad Mahrez, although there is a difference in opinion regarding the winger’s value.

Read the full story on Goal!


Loftus-Cheek to quit Chelsea


Ruben Loftus-Cheek has decided he must leave Chelsea if he is to further his career, reports the Daily Star .

The midfielder has previously admitted he needs to play to grow, and is frustrated by his lack of playing time under Antonio Conte.

He has decided to depart even if Conte is fired, and hopes the opportunity provided by his showings for England at the World Cup increase his market.


Leicester after identify Mahrez replacement


Leicester City are going to move on interest in Basel’s Mohamed Elyounoussi, according to ESPN FC .

The Foxes have been watching the Norway international for some time, but now face competition from Bayer Leverkusen for his services

The attacker is viewed by the Foxes as the ideal replacement for Riyad Mahrez, and Basel is prepared to receive several offers for him this summer.


Inter plot Suso raid from Milan


Inter are hoping help improve their attack by raiding local rivals Milan for Suso, reports Sky Sports Italia .

Suso has a €40 million (£35m/$46m) release clause, but it is can only be triggered by teams outside of Italy, meaning Inter will have to get Milan to agree a deal.


Gerrard nears deal with former Liverpool team-mate


Steven Gerrard and Rangers are closing in on a deal to sign former Liverpool full-back Jon Flanagan, reports the Daily Mail .

Flanagan was released by Liverpool after the expiration of his contract and is undergoing a medical with the Scottish Premiership side.

The defender, who received a 12-month community order after pleading guilty to assaulting his girlfriend, is expected to join the team for the preseason camp in Spain.


Cech turns down Napoli


Petr Cech has decided against going on loan to Napoli next season, reports Calciomercato .

Though Arsenal have signed Bernd Leno as their new top goalkeeper, leaving Cech the odd man out with the Gunners, he has backtracked on the idea of moving to the Serie A side.


Everton look to Wendell as Baines competition


Everton are interested in bringing in Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell as potential competition for Leighton Baines, reports the Daily Mail .

A Brazil youth international who has never received a senior cap, the 24-year-old Wendell is valued at £32 million (€36m/$42m) and has three years left on his current contract.


Inter want Chelsea defender on loan


Inter are hoping to secure the services of Chelsea defender Davide Zappacosta on loan for the coming season, reports the Daily Mail .

A difficult first season in the Premier League have left the Blues willing to eat a small loss on Zappacosta, as they look to sell the defender.

However, if they cannot recoup £17 million (€19$/$22m) of the £25m they paid, Chelsea will settle for sending him out on loan.

Article continues below

Watford to move on from Deeney


Watford captain Troy Deeney’s time with the club is coming to a close as the team looks to sell him for at least £10 million (€11m/$13m), reports the Daily Star .

While he is a popular man at the club, Deeney is coming off his worst Premier League season and manager Javi Garcia is looking to revamp his attack.

Relegated Stoke City are considered the front-runners for his signature at £15m.

Let’

Man City close on £50m deal for Napoli star Jorginho

Manchester City are closing in on a deal worth around £50 million (€56.9m $66m) for Napoli midfielder Jorginho, Goal understands.

Jorginho and his agent are poised to finalise the move after a payment structure between City and Napoli was agreed earlier this week.

City are still in talks with Leicester regarding a move for Riyad Mahrez, although there is a difference in opinion regarding the winger’s value.

The Premier League champions had found themselves in that position with Napoli for the best part of the last two months, although there had always been a confidence and a willingness from both sides to get a deal done.

Goal revealed in May that City had seen a bid of around £39m ($52m) rejected for Jorginho.

[embedded content]

After weeks of further haggling a fee of around £46m ($60.4m) plus bonuses worth around £6m ($7.9m) was provisionally agreed on Monday.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has now given his sporting director, Cristiano Giuntoli, the go-ahead to rubber-stamp the agreement. 

City had agreed personal terms with Jorginho many weeks ago, having identified him as their priority midfield target.

The Blues had been hoping to bring him to the club ahead of the World Cup, but adjusted their expectations after Napoli rejected their initial proposal.

Article continues below

Jorginho recently spent some time with family in Brazil, his homeland, after learning that the deal had dragged on, but returned to Europe this week and is now ready to sign a five-year deal at the Etihad Stadium.

City still indeed to sign Mahrez this summer but have been frustrated by Leicester’s demands. 

Unlike in their pursuit of Jorginho, City would have an alternative option if their pursuit of Mahrez comes to nothing – Bayer Leverkusen’s Leon Bailey has been watched closely – but negotiations with Leicester will continue in the coming weeks.

Let’