Hazard opens Chelsea exit door with transfer message to Real Madrid

Eden Hazard has refused to commit his future to Chelsea and left the door open to a summer transfer by telling Real Madrid “if they want to buy me, they know what to do”.

The Belgium international, who is currently away on World Cup duty, has long been linked with a big-money move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Those at Stamford Bridge had been hoping to end the rumours by agreeing fresh terms with their prized asset, but no contract extension has been put in place as the 27-year-old remains evasive on his plans.

Hazard is waiting to see what the summer brings at Chelsea before making a decision on his next move, with uncertainty shrouding the future of manager Antoinio Conte and several senior stars, and that leaves him in a position where he can rule nothing out.

Quizzed again on the Madrid rumours by L’Equipe, the two-time Premier League title winner said: “I do not want to talk about transfer right now. I have been asked so many times about that. I am focused on the World Cup.

[embedded content]

“But as I said before, I won everything in London except the Champions League. If I’m here in my career, it’s thanks to Chelsea.

“It would be too easy to say: I want to leave because I have done everything. It is for that before everything that I would really like to know what will happen at the club next year.

“I am waiting to see if the coach stays or leaves.

“If I stay, it will be because the team will be better than the season we have just had. I do not want to stay if we are less good.

“Real Madrid can interest me, everyone knows it.

Eden Hazard Real Madrid know what to do

“But if tomorrow this club does not want me, we will not talk about it anymore.

“If they want to buy me, they know what to do.

“Go there for the sake of it… no. It takes a project. I still have a project in Chelsea. If I have a good World Cup, things will be easier.”

Hazard still has two years left to run on his current contract at Chelsea.

Article continues below

He has been in talks regarding a new deal, but his father revealed back in December that one offer had been shunned as his representatives wait on an approach from Madrid.

Thierry Hazard told Le Soir: “What I can reveal about Eden is that he refused a contract extension.

“This was so that, if necessary, he could follow the interest of the Real, whom he could see himself playing for.”

Let’

‘Milinkovic-Savic is the future’ – Tadic hails ‘€100m man’ amid Man Utd rumours

Manchester United target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is the future of Serbian football, according to his international team-mate Dusan Tadic.

Milinkovic-Savic and Tadic were part of Serbia’s opening-game win over Costa Rica on Sunday, but it was the captain Aleksandar Kolarov who secured the 1-0 victory with a stunning free-kick.

Lazio are aware of interest in Milinkovic-Savic and have valued him at more than €90 million (£79m/$104m), leading to the 23-year-old to be called “the €100m man.” 

Southampton midfielder Tadic is five years the senior of Milinkovic-Savic, and has been impressed with how the emerging star, who has also been linked with Real Madrid and Juventus, has handled the limelight.

“He is a good player, he is young,” Tadic told Goal in Samara. “He can learn a lot of things but he has a big talent. He has the capacity to go far. That’s it. He is the future of Serbian football.

[embedded content]

“I say to him to just be calm and work smart and he does.

“He needs to work for his team and then after he can show his qualities. I think he is a clever guy. He is a good boy and he just needs to keep his head calm [due to ongoing rumours]. There is a big future for him.”

Serbia’s win on Sunday was vital for them in Group E, with tougher games against Switzerland and then Brazil to come.

Tadic says that, despite Brazil’s opening-game draw with Switzerland, the Selecao will almost certainly advance to the round of 16, making Serbia’s upcoming game against the Swiss a possible decider for qualification to the knockout stages.

“Yes, it is probably going to be like that. Brazil [and] one other,” the Southampton man said. “They are one of the favourites for the title. One more team as well as them will probably go through. 

“Normally when we play against Brazil, we will just try to stop them from winning. We will see, it is difficult to beat everybody, not just Brazil. I think we are a good team but the problem is that sometimes we need to be more smart. More intelligent, more experienced.

“We showed that today … We need to show it in the next game also. Before the Costa Rica game, we said this was the biggest game but now we say the next is biggest. We have to go step by step, it is as simple as that.”

Dusan Tadic Serbia

Article continues below

Tadic came into the World Cup having put in some big performances to help Saints survive the threat of relegation from the Premier League. 

“It was a very important achievement,” Tadic said. “It was a tough time. It was difficult but this was the first time that I was in this kind of situation.

“I am happy because Southampton is a huge club and shouldn’t go down.”

Let’

Tadic impressed by ‘€100m man’ Milinkovic-Savic amid Man Utd rumours

Dusan Tadic has lauded his team-mate Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, calling the Manchester United target the future of Serbian football.

Milinkovic-Savic and Tadic were part of Serbia’s opening-game win over Costa Rica on Sunday, but it was the captain Aleksandar Kolarov who provided the 1-0 victory with a stunning free-kick.

Lazio are aware of interest in Milinkovic-Savic and have valued him at more than €90 million (£79m/$104m), leading to the 23-year-old to be called “the €100m man.” 

Southampton midfielder Tadic is five years the senior of Milinkovic-Savic, and has been impressed with how the emerging star has handled the limelight.

“He is a good player, he is young. He can learn a lot of things but he has a big talent. He has the capacity to go far. That’s it. He is the future of Serbian football,” Tadic told Goal in Samara. “I say to him to just be calm and work smart and he does.

[embedded content]

“He needs to work for his team and then after he can show his qualities. I think he is a clever guy. He is a good boy and he just needs to keep his head calm [due to ongoing rumours]. There is a big future for him.”

Serbia’s win on Sunday was vital for them in Group E, with tougher games against Switzerland and then Brazil to come.

Tadic says that despite Brazil’s opening-game draw with Switzerland, the Selecao will almost certainly advance to the round of 16, making Serbia’s upcoming game against the Swiss a possible decider for qualification to the knockout stages.

“Yes, it is probably going to be like that. Brazil [and] one other,” the Southampton man said. “They are one of the favourites for the title. One more team as well as them will probably go through. 

“Normally when we play against Brazil, we will just try to stop them from winning. We will see, it is difficult to beat everybody, not just Brazil. I think we are a good team but the problem is that sometimes we need to be more smart. More intelligent, more experienced.

“We showed that today … We need to show it in the next game also. Before the Costa Rica game, we said this was the biggest game but now we say the next is biggest. We have to go step by step, it is as simple as that.”

Dusan Tadic Serbia

Article continues below

Tadic came into the World Cup having put in some big performances to help Saints survive the threat of relegation from the Premier League. 

“It was a very important achievement,” Tadic said. “It was a tough time. It was difficult but this was the first time that I was in this kind of situation.

“I am happy because Southampton is a huge club and shouldn’t go down.”

Let’

Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Man Utd ready £60m Willian bid


Man Utd ready £60m Willian bid


Manchester United are ready to lodge a £60 million (€69m/$80m) bid for Chelsea winger Willian, reports the Daily Mail.

The Brazil international has been a long-standing target for former Blues boss Jose Mourinho, and that interest is about to be stepped up.

Willian is currently away on World Cup duty and has two years remaining on his contract at Stamford Bridge.


Man City to make Kroos move


Manchester City will look to bolster their midfield ranks this summer with a €70 million (£61m/$81m) move for Real Madrid star Toni Kroos, claims Don Balon.

The Germany international has tasted La Liga and Champions League success during his time in Spain, but Pep Guardiola is hoping to lure him to England for a new challenge.


Liverpool to trigger Telles clause


Liverpool are willing to trigger the £35 million (€40m/$46m) release clause in the contract of Porto defender Alex Telles, according to A Bola.

The Brazilian full-back is also a target for the Reds’ Premier League rivals Chelsea.


Navas & $150m for Salah?


Real Madrid have pieced together a new plan in their efforts to land Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah, with Diario Gol suggesting that the Blancos are willing to offer Keylor Navas and €150 million (£131m/$174m) for the Egyptian.

Those at Anfield are believed to be in the market for a new goalkeeper, but they are understandably reluctant to part with a man who netted 44 times last season.


Alisson still an option for Klopp


Roma goalkeeper Alisson is still an option for Liverpool, says Gazzetta dello Sport, as the Brazilian has yet to reach an agreement with Real Madrid.

The Blancos are keen on the goalkeeper but are reluctant to meet an €80 million (£70m/$93m) asking price, leaving the transfer door open for others.


Arsenal offered N’Zonzi hope


Arsenal have been offered fresh hope in their long-running pursuit of Steven N’Zonzi, according to AS.

Sevilla are aware of the interest being shown in the Frenchman from Emirates Stadium and have stepped up their efforts to land Real Madrid’s Marcos Llorente as a result.


Kante coy on Chelsea exit talk


N’Golo Kante is paying little attention to talk of a possible summer switch to Paris Saint-Germain, with the Chelsea midfielder the latest man to have sparked exit speculation at Stamford Bridge.

The France midfielder has joined the likes of Antonio Conte, Alvaro Morata and Eden Hazard in generating rumours of a summer move elsewhere.

Read the full story on Goal!


Madrid join Man Utd in SMS chase


New boss Julen Lopetegui has told Real Madrid’s hierarchy to make a move for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, reports Corriere dello Sport.

The Serbia international has been heavily linked with Manchester United, but could now be the subject of a big-money offer from the Santiago Bernabeu side.


Brewster to remain at Anfield


Rhian Brewster is set to commit his future to Liverpool by signing a first professional contract, reports Sky Sports.

The 18-year-old striker has been linked with German outfit Borussia Monchengladbach, but is set to pen a five-year deal at Anfield.

Article continues below

OM move talked up for Mario


Mario Balotelli would be well suited to a move to Marseille, according to agent Mino Raiola, who said the Italian striker can “marry well with the Marseillais mentality”.

The enigmatic 27-year-old is approaching the end of his contract at Nice, but could be set to remain in France.

Read the full story on Goal!

Let’

Capello: Juventus got a fantastic deal selling Paul Pogba at £89m

Former Juventus boss Fabio Capello claims the Serie A champions got “a fantastic deal” selling Paul Pogba to Manchester United for £89 million ($118m).

After four years in Turin, the France international decided to return to Old Trafford for a second spell in the summer of 2016.

The deal which took him back to England was the costliest in world football at the time, but the 25-year-old has struggled to justify that price tag amid constant criticism of his game and off-field activity.

Capello believes Juve have been the biggest benefactors of the lucrative transfer, with the trophies having continued to roll in for the Bianconeri while Pogba has been found out for United and France.

A man who spent six years with Juve as a player and two as a manager told Mediaset Premium: “The truth is that Pogba makes the difference in Italy, but not in England or on international duty.

[embedded content]

“That’s because with his physical strength, to us he seems impossible to control, but when he plays elsewhere, he becomes normal.

“I’d say Juventus got themselves a fantastic deal by selling him at that price.”

Pogba is currently in the process of trying to rediscover his spark while on international duty at World Cup 2018.

He has made a positive start in Russia, but one former team-mate has been denied the opportunity to grace such a stage.

Paulo Dybala, Juventus

Paulo Dybala starred for Juve in 2017-18, netting 26 times, but was overlooked by Argentina and Capello believes the 24-year-old is paying the price for a lack of consistency.

The Italian added: “Dybala is still a long way off [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Article continues below

“He has to improve his consistency and the way he participates in the overall moves.

“He always waits for the ball to come to him, but that’s because he plays in a strong team that lets him do anything he wants.

“Dybala could’ve given Argentina something different, especially from distance, and I would’ve used him against Iceland.”

Let’