Pablo Zabaleta Signs One-Year West Ham Contract Extension Running Until 2020

?West Ham have announced Pablo Zabaleta has signed a one-year contract extension tying the player to the club until the summer of 2020.

Manuel Pellegrini has felt to warrant the player with a new deal, with his previous one expiring at the end of the season, after featuring 25 times in the league for the club this campaign.


Since joining as a free transfer in May 2017, the former ?Manchester City defender has gone on to play 65 times for the ?Hammers, being an almost ever-present in his debut season. West Ham announced on their ?official Twitter page that the club have extended his deal by a further year.

The Argentine is vastly experienced in the division having played 292 ?Premier League matches during his time with both the Hammers and City. Despite being 34 years old, Pellegrini has seemingly felt the defender’s experience is important to his side for the coming season and felt the player was deserved of an extension.

Zabaleta has put in consistently strong performances for the Hammers this year, as the club sit in 11th in the league. Three straight losses has seen east London outfit fall out of the race for European football this season, with just two games left of the campaign.


This season Zabaleta has recorded one assist in the division but is yet to get on the scoresheet for this club at any point during both his years at the London Stadium. He may get his chance on Saturday when West Ham host ?Southampton, with a goal surely to be the icing on the cake after tying himself down for another season in the capital.

Let’

Gus Poyet Hits Out at Dele Alli for Concentrating on Instagram Instead of Football

Former Tottenham player and Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has hit out at Spurs midfielder Dele Alli for concentrating more on Instagram and his clothing brand than football, after his side’s Champions League first leg loss to Ajax. 

Spurs lost the home leg 1-0, after Donny van de Beek netted inside the first 15 minutes at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, and with both Harry Kane and Son Heung-min absent, the onus was on ??Alli? to lead the team in the final third.

Frenkie de Jong,Moussa Sissoko,Dele Alli

However, speaking on ?talkSPORT with Alan Brazil on Wednesday, Poyet proclaimed his disappointment in the Englishman, before positing that he needs to concentrate more on his football. 

“Everyone was expecting a lot from him, especially without Son,” the 51-year-old said. “I was one of the biggest critics of Dele Alli, because I think he’s got so much quality.

“Obviously in our time, we didn’t have all these sponsors, Instagram, the clothing brands and other things, but now there are many things that can take you away from football. I was one of the ones who said two or three years ago that I would love him just to concentrate on football, because he can become one of the best ever at ?Tottenham.”

The Uruguayan, whose last coaching job came at Bordeaux last year, then turned his attention to Manchester United’s ?Paul Pogba, who he deemed similarly distracted to Dele. He explained: “Another one is Paul Pogba. Physically, technically, he’s got everything, but unfortunately for some reason there’s always a question mark over him.”

??Despite this yer da-ish critique, Alli was still Spurs’ greatest threat on the night statistically, launching three shots at goal, the joint-highest of anyone on the pitch, one of which was on target – the most of any Lilywhites player. 

Despite that loss, the Premier League side still retain a slim chance of reaching the Champions League final for the first time in their history when they take on the Eredivisie side in the reverse fixture on May 8th at the Amsterdam Arena.

Let’

Eddie Howe Hints at New Bournemouth Contract for Veteran ‘Keeper Artur Boruc After First Team Return

?Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has suggested goalkeeper Artur Boruc could remain at the Liberty Stadium, despite his current deal expiring this summer.

Asmir Begovic was signed from Chelsea for £10m in 2017 as the long-term replacement for 39-year-old Boruc. The Bosnian played every minute between the sticks during his first season with the Cherries and began this campaign in similar fashion. However, a downturn in form saw Begovic axed, with his Polish counterpart being given an opportunity by Howe instead.

Asmir Begovic

Boruc returned to the side in January for the ?Premier League home fixture with ?West Ham United, keeping a clean sheet during a 2-0 victory. He was also impressive in the defeat by ?Fulham two weekends ago, pulling off a couple of immaculate stops to deny the Cottagers.

Asked by the ?Daily Echo whether the veteran could still be with ?Bournemouth next year, Howe said: “Absolutely. I think Artur’s shown that he’s got a lot more to give. I’ve been really impressed with Artur. 

“He’s trained really well behind the scenes. He’s worked incredibly hard at his game. At his age, to go a long time without playing to then suddenly be thrust into action, if you’re not looking and doing what you need to do then there’s no way you can perform.

He’s come in and done that really well,” Howe continued. “[Against Fulham] I thought he was very good. He made a couple of really good saves for us, so long may that continue.

Eddie Howe

Though the Pole conceded three times in Saturday’s draw away at ?Southampton, he was faultless on each occasion. The match at St. Mary’s was his 12th top-flight appearance of the year, Boruc evidently having cemented his place in the coach’s starting lineup.

Let’

Mark van Bommel Targeted by Milan as Rossoneri Search for Gennaro Gattuso Replacement

?PSV Eindhoven manager Mark van Bommel, has been rumoured to be next in line for the managerial job at Milan as the Italian club search for a replacement fo Gennaro Gattuso.

Having impressed during his time in charge at PSV, the former Rossoneri and Barcelona midfielder has been the subject of inquiry from his former side as they remain set to replace Gattuso ahead of the 2019/20 season.

The rumours have circulated following ??Milan’s decision earlier this week to keep Gatusso for the remainder of the season, with his side struggling to produce positive results in their recent ?Serie A performances.

FBL-EUR-C1-EINDHOVEN-TRAINING

A key player for PSV throughout his career, the Dutchman has demonstrated his authority and experience as a manager throughout the 2018/19 campaign. Helping Eindhoven to second place in the Eredivisie this season, they are currently level with Ajax on 80 points.

Reports from ?La Repubbl?ica have suggested that Van Bommel’s emotional exit from ?Milan in 2012 demonstrates the passion he would offer to the club and that he was determined to return to the San Siro as a manager one day.

Despite only appearing for two seasons at Milan, Van Bommel was a key figure throughout the 2011/12 campaign and his experience helped push the Italian side to go on to win their 18th Scudetto.

After being announced as PSV boss in June 2018, as well as helping to provide league success for the Dutch outfit this season, Van Bommel has also impressed fans and critics with his side’s ?Champions League performances throughout the campaign.

Mauricio Pochettino,Mark van Bommel

Having narrowly lost to ?Tottenham and ?Inter during their European conquests, Van Bommel has already gained vital experience as a manager on both domestic and European stages.

For Milan, Van Bommel’s growing managerial exploits, as well as his personal affection towards the Italian club itself, are all aspects that could see him be announced as Gattuso’s replacement in the summer.

Let’

Thomas Tuchel Rejected Chelsea and Bayern Munich Approaches Ahead of Expected New PSG Deal

?Paris Saint-Germain manager Thomas Tuchel has rejected advances from both Bayern Munich and Chelsea and is expected a new deal to run until 2021.

The 45-year-old is set to earn €7.5m a year in a deal that he signed back in March, that has not been officially announced yet.

According to L’Equipe via ?Get French Football News, Bayern and Chelsea reportedly made lucrative approaches for Tuchel, but must now look elsewhere to replace out of favour managers Niko Kova? and Maurizio Sarri.

FBL-FRA-LIGUE1-PSG-PRESSER

The news on Tuchel’s extension will be a surprise to many, after the French giants succumbed to yet another defeat in France’s Ligue 1 on Tuesday at the hands of Montpellier, but the former Borussia Dortmund manager does not expect to be sacked despite the recent slip-ups.

Les Rouge et Bleu suffered shock exits in the Coupe de France, Champions League and Coupe de la Ligue, which has heaped enormous pressure on the shoulders of the young German manager.

L’Equipe do not name the clubs Tuchel rejected, but Romain Molina has claimed one is Bayern Munich, while Euro United believe the other is Chelsea.

Tuchel could have been a significant upgrade on the beleaguered Sarri, who has become an unpopular figure at Stamford Bridge after a turbulent first season at the helm.

Having impressed at former club Napoli, the 60-year-old has been linked with a return to Serie A, with the likes of Roma and Milan rumoured to have enquired over the Italian’s availability.

Maurizio Sarri

Kovac, meanwhile, has struggled to find consistency within an ever ageing Bayern squad. The Croatian will need to hold off a late season charge from rivals Dortmund should he wish to win the Bundesliga in his first season with the German giants.

Let’