Wenger urges Ozil to commit future to Arsenal

Arsene Wenger has urged Mesut Ozil to commit his future to Arsenal amid uncertainty over whether the German playmaker will sign a new deal with the Gunners.

Goal exclusively revealed on Thursday that Ozil will only put pen to paper on a contract extension if Wenger, whose contract runs out in the summer, does the same.

Wenger sets date for Ramsey return

Wenger, however, feels the Emirates is the best place for the German regardless.

“He’s 28 and is in the prime of his career,” the French boss said. “We want him to contribute to the club’s future. I believe he is in the right place.”

More to follow…

RUMOURS: Arsenal keen on Fiorentina goalkeeper Satalino

The Gunners have been tracking the teenage shot-stopper for several months and are now weighing up the merits of a formal approach


Arsenal are mulling over an approach for Fiorentina’s highly-rated goalkeeper Giacomo Satalino, according to Italian news source Fiorentina News.

The Gunners are said to have been monitoring the teenage shot-stopper for several months, with Arsene Wenger renowned for his development and production of young talent.

It is suggested a formal approach could soon be lodged, with the Premier League outfit keeping one eye on the future – aware that Petr Cech, at 34 years of age, cannot go on forever.


CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST RUMOURS


RUMOURS: Liverpool to rival Tottenham for Napoli star Insigne

The Italy international could soon be on the move as contract extension talks drag on, but will cost any Premier League suitor around £44 million


Liverpool are ready to battle Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur for the signature of unsettled Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne, reports Calciomercato.

The Italy international has seen contract extension talks with his current employers break down, leading to suggestions that he could be moved on while still able to fetch a sizeable fee.

There would be no shortage of interest from England were Insigne to become available, but it is claimed that Napoli will demand around £44 million before parting with the services of their prized asset.


CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST RUMOURS


RUMOURS: Aguero & Kompany to lead Pep's City clearout

The Argentine striker was left on the bench at Camp Nou before entering in the second half, and the arrival of Gabriel Jesus could herald the end of his career at the Etihad


Pep Guardiola is ready to dispense with the services of Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany as he prepares a clearout of the Manchester City squad, according to the Mirror

The Argentine was left on the bench midweek as City fell to Barcelona at Camp Nou, while the fit-again defender was not even included in the matchday squad. 

And while the manager assured that the decision to drop Kun was tactical, the imminent arrival of Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras and rumoured bids for Antoine Griezmann and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could mean his days are numbered at the Etihad Stadium. 


CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST RUMOURS


Inter hold Zabaleta talks at Camp Nou

The Serie A club sent delegates to Barcelona on Wednesday night to hold talks with Manchester City over a January deal for the right-back

Inter officials were at Camp Nou on Wednesday night to hold talks with Manchester City over a January move for Pablo Zabaleta, Goal understands.

More will follow Ozil if Wenger leaves

Top-ranking delegates from the Serie A club were in attendance for City’s Champions League clash with Barcelona as they stepped up their attempts to sign the Argentina right-back.

Zabaleta was heavily linked with a move to Serie A with either Inter or Roma this summer but remained at the Etihad Stadium for Pep Guardiola’s first campaign in England.

The 31-year-old has played the majority of City’s games so far, owing partly to Bacary Sagna’s injury woes.

But Inter hope to move in January and take the Argentine on loan for the remainder of the season before signing him on a free when his contract expires in the summer.

A January deal could mean City enter the market in search of reinforcements. Plans are in place to bring in a long-term replacement, but only when Zabaleta’s contract expires.

The Blues are keen to sign Hector Bellerin from Arsenal but would have little chance of signing him in January, while youngster Pablo Maffeo could be in line for a promotion should Zabaleta leave.

Pogba & Martial get the goals they needed

The 19-year-old was on the bench for City at Camp Nou but has not made a first-team appearance apart from in the Champions League play-off second leg against Steaua Bucharest.