Partenopei president Aurelio De Laurentiis is ready to splash the cash once more as he looks certain to make the former Cagliari man the club’s eighth summer signing
By Romeo Agresti
Juventus have agreed the sale of striker Alessandro Matri to Serie A rivals Napoli for €12 million ahead of the first weekend of the season in Italy.
The Bianconeri frontman looks set to become Napoli’s eighth signing of the summer following the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Jose Callejon and Dries Mertens to Naples.
New boss Rafa Benitez is continuing to invest money into the squad gained from selling star forward Edinson Cavani to Paris Saint-Germain at the beginning of the summer for €64 million.
Matri has scored 36 goals in 85 appearances at Juventus and it was believed the former Cagliari man had been holding out for a move to his former club AC Milan when it became apparent he was surplus to requirements at Juventus Stadium.
However, a lack of available of funds at San Siro and an unwillingness from the Old Lady to allow the 28-year-old to leave on loan for the season – a factor that has also put paid to any move away from Turin for fellow attacker Fabio Quagliarella – has seen Matri’s options for the upcoming season restricted.
A deal has been struck between the two clubs, who finished first and second in Serie A last season, as Matri looks to make his mark in the league and stake his claim for a spot in the Italy national side ahead of the World Cup in Brazil next summer.
The Turkish chief has belittled the Biancocelesti’s attempts to lure the club’s prized asset to the Italian capital
Galatasaray president Unal Aysal has revealed Lazio have tabled an offer for striker Burak Yilmaz, but has described the proposal as “laughable”.
The Biancocelesti are believed to have lodged an initial bid of €300,000 to secure a season-long loan move for the 28-year-old, before proposing to pay an additional €8.7 million at the end of the campaign to make the move permanent.
Aysal, though, has laughed off the efforts of his Italian counterparts, describing the offer as “funny”.
He told Hurriyet: “Burak is one of the most valuable player of our team and we need him. He scored eight goals last season in Champions League.
“Thank you for offer but we won’t consider about it because the offer was a little bit funny.”
Yilmaz, whose current deal expires in 2016, netted 30 times for the Turkish giants last season en route to winning the domestic title for a second successive year.
Contrary to reports, los Che’s president has confirmed the 25-year-old is not on the club’s transfer radar this summer
Valencia president Amadeo Salva has refuted speculation linking the club with a move for Atletico Madrid attacker Adrian Lopez.
Los Che have been strongly rumoured to be keen on bringing the Rojiblancos star, 25, to the Mestalla before the end of the transfer window after selling star man Roberto Soldado to Tottenham.
However, Salva has denied the reports and insists their transfer activity will not extend beyond Monterrey striker Dorlan Pabon, who is heavily tipped to sign for the club.
He told Cadena COPE: “We are not interested in Adrian Lopez, the Atleti player. We only want Pabon.”
The former Malaga loanee has netted 10 times in 67 appearances throughout his two-year spell in the Spanish capital.
Valencia completed the signing of Helder Postiga on a two-year-deal 10 days ago as they look to replace Soldado’s firepower in attack.
The Colombia international has poured cold water on speculation linking him with a shock move away from the Principality
Monaco star Radamel Falcao has labelled reports he could leave Stade Louis II this summer just months after signing for the club as “totally false”.
The 27-year-old only joined the big-spending French outfit in May but, due to a number of tax issues brewing within the club, the Colombia international has already been linked with a swift exit.
Reports emanating from Spain on Sunday claimed that Real Madrid declined the opportunity to take Falcao to the Spanish capital before the end of the transfer window.
The player, though, has laughed off the speculation and stressed he is content with life in the Principality amid the rumours.
“This is totally false. I am very happy at Monaco,” he told RMC Sport after scoring in the 4-1 win over Montpellier.
“I am here and I am confident that the project here will work. I do not know where these rumours come from. “
The former Atletico Madrid and Porto hitman joined les Rouge et Blanc for a reported €60 million on a five-year deal, and has netted twice in his opening two league games for the club.