Defender Rio Ferdinand is still a month away from returning to action, according to Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson. The England captain has spent the last two months recovering from the knee ligament injury which ruled him out of the World Cup. Ferdinand will miss England’s opening qualifiers for the 2012 European Championship against Bulgaria and Switzerland at the start of September as well as the start of United’s UEFA Champions League campaign.
An interesting prediction about the future of Javier Mascherano coming from none other than his home country of Argentina. South American newspaper Olé, summarizes the story of the Argentine captain’s future and how it will definitely be decided on Thursday. Why Thursday? Quite simply because on the 19th, Liverpool will face Trabzonspor in the Europa League, and if Mascherano were to feature in that match, it will inevitably take the midfielder off of the market. If he were to feature, Barcelona or Inter would not be able to use the Argentine during the group stages of the Champions League, making the investment far too great for only a “part-time” player. Perhaps we will no longer need to wait until the last day of the transfer window to determine the future of El Jefecito. Perhaps his future will be clear on Thursday.
City is also looking to get rid of some strikers like Bellamy who will probably finish at Cardiff on loan, while Robinho could go to Barcelona or Schalke.
Oezil’s father said that Mesut only want’s Madrid’s Galacticos, but the price between clubs is still problem. Real Madrid is ready to offer maximum €25m, while Werder Bremen asks for €30m. His contract will expire next season, and Mesut’s father said if they don’t let him go now, they won’t extend contract and that his son will leave them then for free.
These days top transfer romours are:
– Oezil to Real – our reports suggest that there is still a long way to go before they bring Werder’s sensation on WC2010, even if some says they already clinched the deal and it’s waiting just to be official.
– Neymar for Chelsea – lot has been said, but on the end, we think he will switch for Anchelotti’s club.
– Ibra‘s saga still not over, AC Milan is trying to bring him on loan, which is for us ridiculous, while City is looking first to sell some strikers.
– Diego is very close to switch for Wolfsburg after bad season at Juventus.
– Ferguson‘s club signed unkown striker, Bebe, again, from Portugal.