Newcastle boss Pardew: Santon and Krul going nowhere

Alan Pardew has declared that neither Tim Krul nor Davide Santon will be leaving Newcastle in this month’s transfer window amid reported interest in both players from Serie A giants Milan.

Reports emerging from Italy over the past few days have suggested the Netherlands goalkeeper could become the subject of a sizable bid from the Rossoneri, while Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi expressed his interest in the Italian full-back earlier this month.
Pardew, however, categorically stated that any such bids would be futile as the Magpies have no interest in allowing either player to leave the club.

“No, I’m not fielding calls on that because I’m not contemplating anyone going out,” the 51-year-old told The Evening Chronicle.

“I’ve not even given it the slightest thought. Even if we got an extraordinary offer, the answer would be no. There is no point ringing us. I’m confident I have an aggressive board.”

Expanding on the structural arrangement in place at the club, Pardew explained that he takes minimal involvement in financial negotiations, referring to the recent pursuit of Loic Remy, who this week joined QPR.

“I don’t do the contracts,” he added. “My part in the [Loic] Remy deal was very much just comforting the player in terms of coming into what would be a strange city for him.

“The finance side I don’t do, but I am as confident as I can be we are the most aggressive. We have been since I’ve been at the club.

“I don’t think we will get to the panic scenario. That doesn’t mean to say we won’t do a deal for someone on the last day of the transfer window. You must always leave that open because something could trigger events.”

Tottenham 'in talks' to sign Holtby in January, confirms Heldt

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt has revealed that they are in discussions with Tottenham over a move for Lewis Holtby in January.

The midfielder has agreed to move to White Hart Lane at the end of the season, when his contract expires, but the north London club are looking to bring him in earlier after Sandro was ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
Goal.com revealed on Thursday that Andre Villas-Boas’ side had reacted to the Brazilian’s injury by approaching the Bundesliga side about an earlier move for Holtby than originaly scheduled.

“We are in talks about a move in this transfer period, but there is no agreement,” Heldt told Sky Sport before Schalke’s game with Hannover on Friday night.

“Tottenham contacted us, because they want Lewis now. We will decide in the coming days.”

Heldt also dismissed claims that Holtby could try and engineer a move away from the Veltins Arena, and says that he will continue playing for the team regardless of speculation.

He added: “Lewis is a good character, he will give everything to the last day for the club.”

Neymar reaffirms Santos commitment

Neymar has pledged to stay at Santos following the latest round of rumours regarding his future in Brazil.

Following the news that Pep Guardiola will take charge of Bayern Munich from next season, a report in Friday’s edition of AS suggested the young forward could join the former Barcelona boss in Bavaria.

However, although he has the utmost respect for the 41-year-old, Neymar insists he is not in a rush to realise his European ambitions and wants to continue his development with the Peixe.

“He [Guardiola] is a great coach, one of the best in the world, and yes, I have a desire to one day work with him, as with the other great coaches [in world football],” he told reporters.

“But I will say it again: I want to carry on playing for Santos. I’m happy here.”

The 20-year-old, who recently denied that he had agreed a deal to join Barca either in the summer or next year, has a release clause of 70 million.

Walcott signs new long-term Arsenal contract

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Arsenal forward Theo Walcott has signed a new three-and-a-half-year deal with the option of a 12-month extension, Goal.com understands.

Under the new agreement that runs at least until the summer of 2016, the England international’s salary will climb to around £90,000 a week, which will be bolstered by top-up bonuses and a multi-million pound signing-on fee.

Last week, Goal.com exclusively revealed Walcott had held a final round of talks with boss Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis at the club’s London Colney training base, during which the main details were agreed.

Now it appears the 23-year-old has put pen to paper on a deal which will see his wages rise by at least £30,000-a-week, putting him on par with Arsenal’s top earners.

Walcott has publicly indicated his desire to remain with the Gunners on numerous occasions, where he is popular with fans, staff and his team-mates.

A major stumbling block in talks had been the player’s desire to be given the chance to ply his trade as a central striker in the wake of Robin van Persie’s departure, but Wenger has granted his wish in recent weeks.

The Frenchman can now concentrate on improving his squad. Atletico Madrid striker Adrian and Wilfried Zaha are both likely targets, but Wenger has also this week admitted his interest in Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.

Securing Walcott’s future will be a huge boost to Arsenal after tying fellow Brits Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs, Aaron Ramsey and Carl Jenkinson to new five-year deals shortly before Christmas.

Follow Wayne Veysey on

Tottenham eye M'Vila swoop following Sandro injury blow

EXCLUSIVE
By Greg Stobart

Tottenham are considering a move for Rennes star Yann M’Vila as a replacement for Sandro after the club confirmed the Brazilian will miss the rest of the season with a serious knee injury.

West Ham enforcer Mohamed Diame is also being considered by the north London club as manager Andre Villas-Boas targets a defensive midfielder to replace Sandro and boost his side’s top four ambitions.

Spurs are long-term admirers of M’Vila and made contact last summer with Rennes over a potential deal for the France international, who has been the subject of a £6.2 million bid from relegation-threatened QPR.

Rennes are keen to sell the 22-year-old this month and Tottenham could swoop in to snatch M’Vila from QPR’s grasp, with the player reluctant to move to Loftus Road having previously been courted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Fulham and Rubin Kazan are also tracking M’Vila’s situation and reports in France have suggested that the Russian club are close to an agreement after holding talks with Rennes and the player’s representatives on Thursday.

Interest is high in the Frenchman despite a rocky six months months in which the French Football Federation handed him an international ban until June 2014 after he spent an unauthorised night out with fellow under-21 players.

Harry Redknapp’s QPR were considered favourites to land M’Vila earlier this week, but Rennes General Manager Pierre Dreossi stated that: “QPR’s offers are not sufficient,” leaving the door open for other interested parties.

Diame is also considered a potential option by Spurs as the Senegalese midfielder has a £3.5m release clause in his Hammers contract and is yet to sign a fresh deal on improved terms to stay at Upton Park.

In the meantime, Jake Livermore’s proposed loan switch to QPR remains on hold as the Champions League hopefuls deal with the blow of losing Sandro for the rest of the season.

Spurs confirmed on Friday that the 23-year-old will miss the rest of the campaign after undergoing surgery this week on his right knee, having sustained cruciate ligament and lateral meniscus damage during last weekend’s goalless draw at QPR.

Goal.com confirmed this week that Tottenham are also attempting to accelerate Lewis Holtby’s move to White Hart Lane and are in talks with Schalke to bring the playmaker to the club this month.

Holtby has already signed a pre-contract agreement with Spurs but could join in the January window in a £1.6m deal as chairman Daniel Levy prepares to concede defeat in his pursuit of Porto star Joao Moutinho.