Marisa Ramos has backed up AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani’s claims that the Brazilian could be set to join his compatriot before the 2015 MLS season
Robinho could be set to follow Kaka from AC Milan to Orlando City, his agent has confirmed.
AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani stated last week that talks with the MLS club over the Brazilian had taken place, though he warned any potential deal was some way off being agreed.
Compatriot Kaka has already finalised a deal to join the Florida-based side ahead of the 2015 MLS season after spending six months on loan with Sao Paulo, and the former Manchester City man’s representative has now revealed a loan or permanent transfer could be on the cards.
“There has been a formal offer from Orlando City, as confirmed by Adriano Galliani,” Marisa Ramos told Globoesporte.
“The two parties are negotiating. If the move does go through, moving to Brazil for six months first is certainly an option. He couldn’t go six months without playing.
“His contract with Milan expires in 2016 and discussions are at initial stages. He could be loaned to Orlando City or even sold. We’ll listen to the proposals and see what is to be done.”
The 30-year-old Robinho joined Milan from Manchester City in 2010 for an €18 million fee, but has struggled to secure a starting spot in the past two seasons at San Siro.
The Brazilian has signed a three-year deal at Stamford Bridge and will wear the No.5 shirt, becoming the third member of last season’s Atletico Madrid side to move to west London
Chelsea have completed the signing of Brazilian defender Filipe Luis from Atletico Madrid on a three-year deal, the Premier League club have confirmed.
Luis will wear the No.5 shirt and will fill the void left by Ashley Cole, who departed Stamford Bridge after eight years on a free transfer this summer to join Roma.
“This move is a dream come true for me. I now have the opportunity to play for Chelsea, and also in the Premier League,” said the 28-year-old left-back.
“I’m very happy and looking forward to getting started and giving my best for the team during the coming seasons.”
Welcome to Chelsea, @FilipeLuis03! #CFC pic.twitter.com/dVk6ACEg3B
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) July 18, 2014
The Brazilian won four trophies in as many seasons at Atletico Madrid and played a key role in last season’s remarkable Liga triumph and Champions League run, though he could not earn a place in Luiz Felipe Scolari’s World Cup squad.
Filipe Luis becomes the third member of that Atletico side to move to Stamford Bridge this summer, after Diego Costa completed a €44m move earlier this month and Thibaut Courtois returned from a two-year loan spell.
The 27-year-old held talks with the north Londoners last month over a possible £9 million move but is holding out for a club which can offer him Champions League football
By Greg Stobart
Tottenham have pulled out of the race for Loic Remy with Liverpool now the favourites to sign the wantaway QPR striker.
Remy had held talks with Spurs over a potential €11 million deal, but the France international is keen to move to a club playing in the Champions League.
Arsenal are the 27-year-old’s preferred destination and are monitoring the player’s situation but they have other priorities in the transfer market, having already bolstered their attacking options by signing Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona.
The Gunners are now targeting a holding midfielder and, after talks with Sami Khedira reached an impasse over the player’s wage demands, have set their sights on Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin.
All of this leaves the way clear for Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers was considering a bid for the QPR striker and Swansea City talisman Wilfried Bony as he looks to bolster his attacking options in the wake of Luis Suarez’s €88m departure to Barcelona.
Remy scored 14 goals in 26 Premier League appearances during a productive loan spell at Newcastle last season and has an €11m release clause in his QPR contract.
Tottenham are the only Premier League club yet to make a senior signing this summer, and also appear set to miss out on Swansea City full-back Ben Davies to Liverpool after a lengthy pursuit.
Spurs sources have also categorically denied that the club are interested in signing 33-year-old free agent Samuel Eto’o, who was released by Chelsea this summer.
Liverpool boss Rodgers has already brought Southampton duo Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert, Benfica winger Lazar Markovic and Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can to Anfield for a combined outlay of over €62.5m.
Juventus and AC Milan are ready to ramp up their efforts to sign Ezequiel Lavezzi. The Argentine, who could be surplus to requirements should PSG sign Angel di Maria, has attracted interest from Chelsea but is likely to return to Italy this summer.
Friday, July 18, 2014 13:57
To go to the site:
1) Mobile applications, click here;
2) otherwise click here;
All the languages of Goal.com:
English – United Kingdom
English – America
English – India
English – Ireland
English – Malaysia
English – Canada
English – Singapore
English – Australia
English – Nigeria
Español – España
Español – Estados Unidos
Español – Argentina
Español – Latinoamérica
Português – Brasil
English – Ghana
English – Kenya
English – South Africa
Español – Colombia
Español – Chile
Español – México
Español – Peru
English – Tanzania
Bosna i Hercegovina