Burak Yilmaz happy to stay with Galatasaray

The 27-year-old insists he is willing to honour his contract and remain in Istanbul despite being the subject of transfer speculation

Burak Yilmaz’s sensational season has provoked attention from some of Europe’s top clubs, but the striker says he would be happy to see out his contract with Galatasaray.

The Turkey international has 22 league goals so far this season, to go with his eight strikes in the Champions League, and insists he is more than content to remain in Istanbul.

“I’m really happy at Galatasaray. I have a five-year contract here. If an offer comes on the table then it’s the club’s decision which will matter,” he told Lig TV.

Yilmaz then noted the contributions of team-mates Didier Droga and Umut Bulut, but reserved special praise for the latter of that pair.

He added: “Didier Drogba could easily play with me or Umut Bulut. We complete each other. He’s an excellent player but one should also notice the contributions that Umut Bulut had made. He kept us at the top of the table in the first half of the season. Drogba is great but Umut was also influential.”

The 27-year-old also denied suggestions he attempted to copy Cristiano Ronaldo with his goal celebrations.

“The celebration against Cluj was about annoying the rival fans and I have been criticised for it. My celebrations are improvised. I don’t imitate Cristiano Ronaldo, I just try to enjoy the moment.”

Schurrle has probably signed a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea, admits Bayer Leverkusen general manager

Wolfgang Holzhauser believes a deal is already in place between the player and the west London club, while Borussia Dortmund have made a substantial bid for Kevin de Bruyne

Bayer Leverkusen general manager Wolfgang Holzhauser has admitted it is likely Andre Schurrle has already signed a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea.

Schurrle has been heavily linked with a summer move to Stamford Bridge and Holzhauser revealed that the German club were mulling over an offer from the Blues for the 22-year-old.

Holzhauser insists Leverkusen will assess their options before making a decision on the bid but expects a deal is already in place between the player and the west London club should it be accepted.

“Andre Schurrle has probably signed a pre-contract deal with Chelsea,” Holzhauser said according to Kicker magazine.

“It all depends on whether we let him go. We have received a concrete offer for a fee which we are considering. But the price alone is not decisive. We must also have alternatives, which we don’t have yet.”

Kevin de Bruyne has been linked with a move in the other direction as a possible makeweight in a deal for Schurrle but Holzhauser believes Borussia Dortmund are pursuing the midfielder.

“He still has a few talks to hold with Chelsea,” Holzhauser said of the on-loan Werder Bremen player. “It looks like there is an offer from Dortmund to sign the player for a relatively high fee.

“According to our information, Chelsea don’t want to sell him but just loan him out.”

QPR star Mbia offers to swap clubs with Marseille loanee Barton after bizarre Twitter 'hacking'

The pair moved in opposite directions last summer, but the Englishman has turned down the offer with the hope of staying in France

QPR midfielder Stephane Mbia has insisted that comments from his Twitter account offering to swap places with Marseille loanee Joey Barton were the result of a hack.

Mbia joined the Rs from the Ligue 1 out last summer in a deal that saw Barton move in the opposition direction on loan.

Barton has since been vocal about his desire to remain at Marseille, but Mbia hinted at an impending exit from Loftus Road by publicly offering to again swap places with the Englishman.

“Do you want to rechange your seat with me?” Mbia tweeted to Barton on Monday.

Barton, diplomatically, replied, “How do I say this politically? Er…Nope!” before adding: “If you go down with a team, you should stay and help them up, mate. They need you all to stick together and help them back up.”

Mbia removed the original tweet and insisted that his was not being serious, before admitting later: “No, it was not a joke, I removed my tweet under pressure. I want speak with [QPR] but they don’t want.

“So… Seriously @Joey7Barton do you want rechange your seat with me?”

However, when contacted by The Guardian, the midfielder insisted the tweets were not a reflection of his own views, and were instead an anonymous hacker.

“I do not know how this happened, but someone must have got hold of my login and password because I did not write these things,” he said.

“This was not me. I did not write the tweets, and I have made people at the club aware of that. I saw the messages this morning and spoke with the club about them, but now I see there are more appearing in my name.”

Barton has recently been handed a suspended two-game ban by the National Council of Ethics in France for his comments about Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva on Twitter during April, meaning any further infringement on the social-networking website will see the punishment invoked.

Weidenfeller seals new Dortmund deal

The veteran shot-stopper has put pen to paper on a new deal which keeps him at Signal Iduna Park until the summer of 2016

Borussia Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller has extended his contract with the club until June 2016.

The 32-year-old, who joined the club from Kaiserslautern in 2002, previously was tied down until the summer of 2014.

And the club’s sporting director Michael Zorc is delighted with securing the on-form shot-stopper’s services for another two years.

“We’re very happy that Roman has extended,” the 50-year-old was quoted as saying on the club’s official website.

“He’s an exceptionally strong goalkeeper, who constantly brings top performances and was an important factor in securing the 2011 and 2012 championships as well as reaching the Champions League final this season.”

Weidenfeller, meanwhile, insisted a move to another team never crossed his mind and that he is proud to be a part of the club’s plans for the coming years.

“I never really thought of changing clubs. What developed here at BVB in recent years is an extraordinary, positive football story and I want to be part of that in the future,” he said.

“I’m proud to be part of this team, who have a strong character and are a mixture of young and experienced players,” he concluded.

Weidenfeller appeared in almost 300 Bundesliga matches since arriving at Signa Iduna Park.

Ribery eyes Bayern extension

The Frenchman has spent the last six years at the Allianz Arena but is hoping to sign a new deal to keep him at the club beyond 2015

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery says he “would be glad” to sign a contract extension with his club.

Having joined the Bavarian giants from Olympique de Marseille in 2007, the 30-year-old has since become a key player at the Allianz Arena, and had stated before that he would be willing to retire at the German club.

And while the Frenchman still has a deal until June 2015, he insists he wants to open up talks over a new contract.

“I’d be glad to [sign a new contract], I’m very happy here,” the Frenchman told Kicker.

“If it’s possible to sign a new contract? Why not?”

Ribery has scored nine goals in his 39 appearances in all competitions this season, setting up a further 14.