Muriel aware of Milan & Juve rumours

The Udinese foward, who has been linked with both clubs, has stressed that he is in no rush to leave the Friuli despite speculation over a move

Udinese forward Luis Muriel has revealed he will discuss his future with his agent this weekend as he continues to be linked with a move away from the club.

Goal.com revealed in January that Juventus were interested in the 22-year-old, while AC Milan are also said to be chasing him, but the player has stressed he would be happy to stay at the Friuli for the time being.

“I would have no problem in continuing my career here,” the Colombian was quoted as saying by Planeta Futbol. “I like the city, it’s calm and I would be happy to stay.

“Some of those who have left Udinese at a young age have then struggled to get regular playing time, so that’s why I’d like another season here.

“I’ve heard the rumours about a transfer, but I’m relaxed. My agent will arrive in Udine on Sunday and we’ll see what he says and what the real options might be.

“For now I’m thinking about finishing the season well, then I just hope we take the best decision for my future.”

Muriel hinted recently that he was open for a move to a bigger club.

Benat: My dream is to play for Athletic Bilbao

The Betis midfielder has been heavily linked with the likes of Manchester City and Bayern Munich this season, but wants to represent the Basques

Real Betis midfielder Benat has revealed it would be a “dream” to rejoin Athletic Bilbao in future, but has stressed he could opt to extend his stay with his current employers this summer.

The 26-year-old was heavily linked with a move to Manchester City earlier on in the season, while reports in March suggested that Pep Guardiola is keen on bringing the playmaker to Bayern Munich after the end of the season.

However, Benat, who came through the youth system at Athletic, has made it clear where his ideal future destination would be but denied he has reached an agreement with any other club.

“There has been interest, beyond any concrete offer,” he told AS when asked if there had been any bids for his services.

“I cannot deny that since childhood my dream has been to play for Athletic, which is my home and where I grew up. But I do not know when or if ever that will be. Right now I have not been approached.

“Of course, the door is not closed on a new contract [with Betis]. In contrast, it is open. Certainly I would like to play in Europe with Betis. But it is not true that I have accepted offers to play elsewhere yet. I’m very happy at Betis, I love the city, the weather, the people.

“Like everyone else, I am looking to my future. And if my future has to be away from Betis, people should understand that. We all want to progress, to move forward in our work.

“Betis fans have so far respected me. When I take my girlfriend to the movies, they talk to me about the renewal and stuff, but that’s normal.

“Betis fans appreciate me and I hope that that continues.”

Benat has reportedly been priced at €12 million should any potential suitors consider a move this summer, and the Spain international admits he is flattered to be considered worthy of such six-figure sums.

“I do not think of my value – €12m, €15m or [the buyout clause of] €20m. It is something for which I’m flattered, but it’s hard to believe, especially because I have been through a lot in a short time, less than three years.”

Bale will stay at Tottenham, claims Villas-Boas

The Spurs boss is confident of fending off interest from Europe’s biggest names in the Welshman, claiming the club have assured him that they will not sell up

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas claims he has been assured by the club that Gareth Bale will remain at White Hart Lane this summer.

Bale’s stellar performances this season have won him a clean sweep of the PFA and FWA Player of the Year awards and turned the heads of some of Europe’s top clubs.

There had been suggestions the Welshman would look to leave White Hart Lane if Spurs fail to qualify for the Champions League this season, but Villas-Boas insists this is not the case.

“The information that I have from the club, which was mistakenly written about last week, is that the player is here to remain, independent of the objectives of Champions League qualification being achieved or not,” Villas-Boas told reporters.

“I would be extremely surprised [if he left]. In football anything can happen. It’s impossible to predict, but this is the assurance I have had from the club.

“We understand that the more awards the more recognition the player will have, the more media attention, but the club has to move forward by holding onto its best players.

“With the recognition and the further experience that he has had from this year, next year for Tottenham he will be even more assertive.”

Real Madrid have been linked with a high-profile move in the summer, but Villas-Boas insists that there is no sum of money that could convince Spurs to part with their star asset.

“Whatever price tag the player has doesn’t matter to us because he’s our player,” he continued.

“He’s a player we have to hold onto for the remaining seasons to make sure that we reach our objectives and continue to progress as a club.”

Madrid’s sporting director Zinedine Zidane recently praised the PFA Player and Young Player of the Year, claiming that he is the “best player in Europe this season”, leading some to suggest that he was paving the way for a move to the Bernabeu.

However, Villas-Boas was unfazed by such comments, merely suggesting that the Welshman should be flattered by compliments from the France legend.

“It’s fine, I have no problems with it,” he concluded. “In the end it’s great for a player of Zidane’s dimension to be speaking about Gareth.

“It’s good to have that public recognition from someone who has reached the biggest heights of the game.”

Hamsik wants to stay with 'extraordinary' Napoli

The Slovakian midfielder says 2012-13 has been a special campaign despite Juventus’ likely Serie A title triumph this weekend

Marek Hamsik says he wants to stay with Napoli beyond the summer as the club close in on a second-place finish in Serie A.

Champions Juventus are just one positive result away from retaining their league crown, with Walter Mazzarri’s men seven points clear of AC Milan in the race to finish second.

Hamsik is impressed by what Napoli have achieved during the campaign and insists he is happy to remain at San Paolo.

“I’m staying here,” the 25-year-old told Sky Sport Italia.

“I am happy here and I like Naples. There are no Scudetto regrets. Second place is still a really important achievement.

“We’ve had an extraordinary campaign, but, unfortunately, Juventus have been better than us.”

Earlier this week, Hamsik emphasised the importance of Napoli keeping Mazzarri and star striker Edinson Cavani if they are to achieve further success in the years ahead.

Higuain will leave Madrid this summer – Sanchez

The club’s general manager has revealed the forward will likely move on before next season, with two strikers to be signed to complement Karim Benzema

Gonzalo Higuain is set to depart Real Madrid this summer, according to the club’s general manager Jose Angel Sanchez.

The Argentina striker was coy to reporters when asked about his future at the club early last month, amid  suggestions that president Florentino Perez is unconvinced by his form this season

And Sanchez has now indicated the 25-year-old will be sold to allow room for two further forwards to join Karim Benzema at Santiago Bernabeu.

“In a big club like Real Madrid, it is assumed there is space for two or three high-level No.9s. It was Benzema and Higuain. Higuain will go, Benzema will stay, and two others will arrive,” Sanchez was quoted as saying by Le 10 Sport.

Madrid have been linked with a move for Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero throughout the current campaign, whilst they continue to be linked with a big-money bid for Tottenham star Gareth Bale, with director of football Zinedine Zidane claiming sides are unlikely to be put off by the Welshman’s hefty price-tag.

Higuain has scored 15 goals in 38 appearances in all competitions for los Blancos this season.