Boateng to begin training with AC Milan

The Rossoneri have confirmed their troubled former midfielder will join his old team-mates on a daily basis until the end of 2015


Kevin-Prince Boateng is set to start training with AC Milan until the end of 2015, paving the way for the Ghana international to return to the Serie A club permanently.

Boateng and team-mate Sidney Sam were indefinitely suspended by Schalke following their 2-0 Bundesliga defeat at Koln in May

A proposed switch to Sporting then broke down in August due to a disagreement over the player’s image rights, with the 28-year-old now opting to train with the Italian club after having previously expressed his openness to return to the club he represented between 2010 and 2013.

A brief statement on Milan’s official website on Wednesday read: “Kevin-Prince Boateng, from Thursday until December 31, will train with the first team at Milanello.”

However, he would be unable to represent the Rossoneri competitively in this period given he is under contract at Schalke until the end of this season, and so is only expected to feature in friendly and reserve-team matches during his extended trial period.

The 28-year-old is the second controversial talent to return to Milanello under new coach Sinisa Mihajlovic’s watch, with Mario Balotelli currently on a season-long loan at San Siro from Liverpool.

Injury-plagued Rossi accepted pay cut, says agent

The forward, who has been perenially injured since he joined the club from Villarreal in 2013, has agreed to take home a smaller salary until June 2017

Giuseppe Rossi has shown his love and loyalty for Fiorentina after accepting a reduced salary, according to his agent Andrea Pastorello.

Injury-plagued striker Rossi, who only recently returned from a 15-month lay-off, agreed to reduce his wage with more incentives on Tuesday as he works his way back to top form and fitness.

The Italy international’s contract, which he signed when he joined the club in 2013, will still expire at the end of the 2016-17 season

“In light of an understandable request on the part of the club, Rossi has shown his firm attachment to the club and the fans with a very unusual gesture in the current football landscape,” Pastorello told Viola News.

“It’s of great value, both financially and symbolically. This is particularly true, as it doesn’t affect the expiry in 2017, and his wage has been lowered by more than what we’ve read.

“Unlike what some have mistakenly thought and written, Rossi will not receive a Euro more than the expected wage that he had.

“Now we’re just thinking about playing, and about Florence enjoying this moment with Fiorentina top of Serie A.”

Rossi has started two matches for Fiorentina this season, with the 28-year-old named on the bench in the other four games.

Bayern interest me, confirms Ntep

The young France star claims if the Bavarians come back for him then he will be prepared to listen, while he has not made going to Euro 2016 a target

Rennes star Paul-Georges Ntep has confessed he would be interested in a potential move to Bayern Munich.

The German side were linked with the France winger during the summer, but a pre-season injury quashed the 23-year-old’s chances of an immediate Allianz Arena switch.

Nevertheless, should Pep Guardiola’s side return with an offer, Ntep claims he would be open to joining the Bundesliga champions.

“Bayern interest me,” he told Telefoot. “England and Germany have spectacular leagues in which attackers gain recognition quickly.”

Meanwhile, the Cameroon-born attacker confessed that his immediate target for this season is with Rennes and not gaining caps for France ahead of the country hosting Euro 2016.

“The European Championship is not a target for me because I’m still young. My objective is to play well for my club,” he added. “If Didier Deschamps calls me, it would be great, but going to the Euros is not my target.”

After a couple of disappointing campaigns for Rennes, the Roazhon Park side have set their sights higher this season and want to battle for a top-five finish in Ligue 1.

“The group has evolved recently,” Ntep continued. “We feel that this season we’ve got something extra. My target next season is to play European football – with Rennes or elsewhere.”

Ntep has been restricted to only four appearances with Rennes since the start of the season because of a variety of fitness problems, but has still contributed two goals to the Bretons’ cause.

£60 million? Grealish is priceless to Aston Villa, says Sherwood

The club’s academy graduate is now a firm fixture in the first-team after breaking into the squad last season, and his manager admits he is priceless


Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood says no amount of money could prize highly-regarded academy graduate Jack Grealish away from the club – not even as much as £60 million.

Grealish, who has become a key figure in Sherwood’s plans after breaking into the first team last season, has started the season brightly after inspiring Villa past rivals Birmingham City in the League Cup midweek.

The 20-year-old midfielder is also at the centre of a tug-of-war between England and the Republic of Ireland for his international services, yet Sherwood believes his club future lies firmly in one place.

He said: “I wouldn’t want to sell for £60million today, put it that way. I know what he could possibly be.

“What looks expensive this year might not be expensive next year. That’s the way the game is going.

“He’s not shop window job, he’s our player, and we couldn’t put a price on him. I certainly wouldn’t.”

Villa travel to Liverpool on Saturday as they look to end a run of five league games without a victory.

Grealish shone in a 2-1 victory over the Reds when the two sides met in the semi-final of the FA Cup last April, proving to Sherwood he can handle big occasions, yet he insists he is still developing as a player.

“He’s a great player is Jack, but he’s got to realise – I’ve been on at him every day – there is more to the game than just when you’re in possession,” he continued.

“That Liverpool game was huge with a lot of expectancy and pressure, it didn’t faze him, he grew more.

“He is certainly a type of player we have seen at the very top level for the likes of Liverpool and in the past for Aston Villa, we have to recognise that.”

Wenger: I believed Monaco when they said Martial would stay

The France international joined Manchester United for a fee that could reach £58 million on transfer deadline day and the Gunners boss has explained why he did not make a bid


Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed he did not bid for Anthony Martial because he believed Monaco when they declared he would not be sold.

The 19-year-old went on to join Manchester United for a fee that could reach £58 million on transfer deadline day and has since scored four goals in as many games to kick off his career at Old Trafford.

Despite being criticised by Martial’s agent Philippe Lamboley, Wenger has explained his reasoning for not launching an offer, insisting that he took the Ligue 1 club at their word.

“He was more a winger in his whole career and he played the final part of the season last year as striker,” said the Gunners’ manager.

“But Monaco’s statement was always that the two players that would not move were Martial and [Layvin] Kurzawa, so I thought they would maintain that. But in the end both of them moved.”


GALLERY | Check out the latest quotes from the managers’ pre-match press conferences


Wenger has been impressed by how quickly Martial has settled in England’s top-flight, but does not expect him to continue scoring at such a rapid rate as the season progresses.

“It is a surprise because sometimes the start is difficult,” he said.

“He needs to maintain that and it will be very difficult for him. You have to have some understanding if he starts to score less, because he has already set the expectation at a very high level.

“But I am not surprised he does well because he is a very talented player.”