The England Under-20s international striker links up with the Championship side until May 31 in an effort to gain more first-team experience under manager Dougie Freedman
Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom has joined Championship side Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of the season.
The 19-year-old has made seven appearances for the Gunners this season, including three outings in the Premier League, and will stay with Forest until May 31.
He signed a new long-term contract with Arsene Wenger’s men in February but is now looking for more first-team experience before a big break into the north Londoners’ first XI.
Akpom is currently with England Under-20s, having represented every international age group up to that point.
The youngster spent brief spells with Brentford and Coventry City in 2014.
The singer is now without a band, but clearly has plenty of options to keep boredom at bay, including a complimentary night at Finn Park
League of Ireland First Division club Finn Harps have made ex-One Direction star Zayn Malik an enticing offer ahead of their clash against Cobh Ramblers on Friday.
With the singer now without a band, the Donegal-based club are keen to alleviate any boredom by offering the 22-year-old free entry to Finn Park as well as a delicious 50 per cent off the price of soup, should he require warming up in midst of the cold Irish spring.
Stuck for something to do on Friday Zayn? We’ll let you in free and knock 50% off soup. #AlwaysInOurHeartsZaynMalik pic.twitter.com/mlUVH8SP3c
— Finn Harps FC (@FinnHarpsFC) March 25, 2015
The One Direction ensemble are more renowned for their attendance at games in more salubrious surroundings, but this is an offer Malik would be foolish to miss and who knows, with Louis Tomlinson previously striking up a rapport with Doncaster Rovers, Malik could re-launch his career in the League of Ireland!
The Chelsea left-back has largely found himself behind Cesar Azpilicueta in the pecking order at Stamford Bridge but wants to see out his contract with Jose Mourinho’s side
Chelsea defender Filipe Luis has played down speculation of a return to Atletico Madrid, having struggled to break into Jose Mourinho’s first-choice XI this term.
The Brazil international arrived at Stamford Bridge in the summer but has often played second fiddle to fellow full-back Cesar Azpilicueta in his first Premier League campaign.
Reports have suggested that Diego Simeone could look to bring the 29-year-old back to La Liga to strengthen his defence, with Filipe Luis having won plenty of silverware during his four-year spell at Atleti.
However, the Brazilian told Marca: “I’m just focused on Chelsea, on working hard and giving my best in order to end the season with another important and beautiful trophy.
“Of course, everything can change in football but I’m happy and have a three-year contract at Chelsea that I’d like to see out.
“I’ve had some of the best years of my career at Atletico and remember the supporters, my teammates and the coaching staff fondly.
“I’m really fond of Simeone; he’s a coach that taught me so much.”
John Terry has agreed a one-year contract extension with Chelsea that will tie him to the west London club until 2016 and ends speculation surrounding the captain’s future.
The veteran centre-back has been in excellent form this season, helping the Blues in their Premier League title bid and scoring in the Capital One Cup final, but had just a couple of months remaining on his old deal.
Chelsea, though, were keen to avoid a repeat of the saga that saw Frank Lampard eventually join title rivals Manchester City and have tied up Terry’s short-term future, with Jose Mourinho saying it is just reward for his skipper’s service to the club.
“I’m delighted to have signed an extension to my contract with Chelsea,” Terry told the club’s official website.
“After adding another major trophy to my collection this month I hope myself, the players and manager can continue to bring success to our club.
“Playing for this great club makes me so proud. And as always I would like to thank the fans who have continually supported me.”
Mourinho added: “This new contract is not to say ‘thank you very much’; it is because John continues to perform.
“He is a top defender. I am happy that he completely deserves this new contract after a season where he has already played 40 matches.”
More to follow…
The Southampton midfielder has long been linked with a move to Arsenal and he has now admitted that he intends to play in Europe’s elite club competition next season
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has placed even more uncertainty on his future, stating that he wants to play in the Champions League next season.
The France international has long been linked with a move to the Emirates, while Schneiderlin’s former manager Mauricio Pochettino has been keen to reunite with the midfielder at Tottenham.
Spurs’ hopes of landing Schneiderlin have faded in recent months, however, with the club taking steps to identify potential alternatives – including James McCarthy – but the Gunners are believed to retain a keen interest in the 25-year-old, and they have now been boosted in their pursuit after he revealed his intention to play in Europe’s elite club competition in 2014-15.
“I don’t want to be in front of the TV on Tuesday and Wednesday,” he told L’Equipe.
However, Schneiderlin has not set his heart on leaving St Mary’s, revealing that he would stay at the club were they to crowbar their way into the top four between now and the end of the season.
“But at the end of the season, Southampton could qualify for the Champions League and I could also stay. Who knows…”