The 23-year-old’s representative insists he is yet to be contacted by the Blaugrana over any potential move, despite reports in Spain saying otherwise
Barcelona have not made an enquiry into Roma playmaker Miralem Pjanic, according to the player’s agent.
Reports emanating from Spain on Thursday had suggested that the Liga giants were set to bid €11 million for the 23-year-old this summer.
However, Pjanic’s representative Michele Gerbino has refuted the speculation and insists his client is content with Serie A life at the Stadio Olimpico.
“Miralem is totally focused on his future with Roma. He is happy with the club and has a lot of respect for the Giallorossi,” he told Calciomercato.it
“As for the interest from Barcelona, I have not heard anything that and I am yet to be contacted by them.
“They [Barca] have not made any plans to meet with Roma either.”
The Bosnia and Herzegovina international, who signed for the Giallorossi in 2011 following a three-year spell with Olympique Lyonnais, is contracted to the Italian capital club until 2015.
The 49-year-old is set for a second spell in charge of los Leones and will return to the club this week
Ernesto Valverde has been named as the new Athletic Bilbao boss on a two-year deal on Thursday.
The 49-year-old boss spent two years as los Leones coach from 2003 until 2005 and spent six years of his playing career at San Mames.
The trainer parted ways with Valencia at the start of June following a six-month spells in charge at the Mestalla, after failing to secure Champions League football next season with a fifth-placed Liga finish and will succeed Marcelo Bielsa at Atleti.
“Athletic Bilbao and Ernesto Valverde have reached an agreement for him to be our new coach of the first team,” the club’s website stated.
Club president Josu Urrutia will present the trainer to the media on Friday ahead of his second spell as coach at the club.
Bielsa left the Bilbao-based club earlier in June after failing to earn a contract extension on the back of a 12th-placed Liga finish, one season after the club reached the Copa del Rey and Europa League finals.
Valverde left Bilbao eight years ago and has since enjoyed spells at Espanyol, Olympiakos and Villarreal.
The club have insisted that the rumours surrounding any transfer of the 24-year-old are untrue and he will remain at the Stade de Gerland this summer
Olympique Lyonnais have insisted that club captain Maxime Gonalons will not be sold this summer.
Rumours of his departure have swirled with the transfer window rapidly approaching but the French side have said that the defensive midfielder – linked with the likes of Napoli and Arsenal in recent weeks – will not be leaving as he is a key part of their future plans.
“Olympique Lyonnais were very surprised to read in L’Equipe this morning that we would set a transfer figure for Maxime Gonalons and that it would be more than €12 million,” the statement on the club’s official website read.
“The club have no intention of parting with our captain and this is a matter of clear strategy, namely the further development of our club around our best young players from the academy of which Maxime Gonalons is one of the best examples.
“The club therefore deny any contact and any negotiations with Napoli and regret any suggestion otherwise, as suggested in this newspaper.”
Gonalons started 35 of 38 games for Lyon this season and played the full 90 in each of those matches.
The 24-year-old, who has been at the Ligue 1 club since the age of 10, has picked up six caps for France to date.
The Blaugrana youngster, who spent last season on loan at Mallorca has signed a three-year deal with the Galicians and will join them for €1 million
Celta Vigo have confirmed the signing of Barcelona defender Andreu Fontas on a three-year contract in a deal worth €1 million.
The defender made eight Liga appearances for the Blaugrana, spending most of his time at the club with the youth ranks.
An anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered against Osasuna in January 2012 hampered his progress and he spent last season on loan at Mallorca.
Fontas revealed that the chance to link up with former Barca B Luis Enrique was key to his decision to join the Galicians.
“[I’ve chosen Celta because] of the club’s project, the way they play and because of the spirit Luis Enrique will pass on,” he was quoted as saying by the club’s official website.
“Celta chose me and that made me decide to come and sign a three-year contract.”
The 23-year-old was used primarily as a defender during his time at Barca but says he could be deployed in a midfield role at Balaidos.
“I’ll be in the position in which the coach puts me,” he continued. “I’ve played more at centre-back than in midfield but I also see myself as a defensive midfielder.
“The important thing is to perform at my best.”
The Dutchman has agreed terms on a three-year deal with the Istanbul club after spending just one season back at boyhood club Ajax
Kasimpasa have reached an agreement to sign Ryan Babel on a three-year-deal, according to club executive Oguz Erkan.
The Dutch winger will be leaving Ajax after a one-year stay at his boyhood club, having signed for the Amsterdam giants from Hoffenheim last summer.
The likes of Real Betis had been linked with his signature, but the Turkish club look set to seal a deal for the 26-year-old.
“We have agreed to everything with Babel. We will sign a three-year deal with him,” Erkan told Radyospor.
Babel started his career with Ajax before winning a move to Liverpool in 2007. His form at Anfield stagnated, however, and he moved to Hoffenheim in 2011.
After just 18 months in Germany, he returned to the Dutch capital last summer and scored four goals in 16 appearances in an injury-ridden season back in the Eredivisie.
Kasimpasa, meanwhile, performed well in the Super Lig last season, finishing sixth and missing out on a Europa League spot by just five points.