Fenerbahce have ended their interest in Montpellier winger Younes Belhanda, claiming that both the player and his current employers asked for too much money during transfer negotiations.
The Turkish outfit suggested they had agreed personal terms with the 22-year-old in mid-January, but it appears Belhanda changed his salary demands.
The Ligue 1 champions have also driven a hard bargain in terms of a possible transfer fee, with little pressure to sell having raised around €8 million from captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa’s move to Newcastle.
“Due to the constant change in demands from both the club and player, we have decided to withdraw from negotiations,” read a statement on the Super Lig club’s website.
Belhanda was instrumental as la Paillade secured a surprise Ligue 1 title last season, scoring 12 goals and setting up a further six.
Rene Girard’s side sit ninth in the table this year and are 13 points behind league leaders Paris Saint-Germain.
Dinamo Zagreb have confirmed that they have agreed to sell Mateo Kovacic to Inter for a reported €11 million, subject to formalities.
The attacking midfielder, 18, has successfully negotiated personal terms with Nerazzurri representatives and is due in Milan on Thursday to undergo a medical prior to putting pen to paper on a contract.
In a statement on the Croatian champions’ official website, Kovacic said: “It’s all happened so fast and I’m still in shock, I don’t even know what to say.
“Dinamo are my club and my home, so I find it hard to leave, but an offer from a club like Inter, one of the biggest in the world, simply cannot be refused.
“Of course, it’s not completed and I’m still waiting for my medical examination, but I believe that this is just a formality.”
The likes of Bayern Munich and Juventus sent out scouts to watch Kovacic in action for Dinamo’s youth teams before he broke into the side’s first team at the tender age of 16.
The Italian giants were initially expected to replace Wesley Sneijder and Philippe Coutinho with Younes Belhanda and Paulinho, but negotiations for the pair broke down and they have subsequently switched their targets.
Earlier on Wednesday, Stuttgart midfielder Zdravko Kuzmanovic and Atalanta winger Ezequiel Schelotto were reported to be on the verge of joining Inter, and Kovacic looks to be the third player arriving.
Walter Sabatini has quashed speculation that Roma legend Daniele De Rossi could be on his way to Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint-Germain.
Reports claimed Roma and PSG had opened talks over a possible transfer that would have taken De Rossi to the Parc des Princes.
However, the Serie A club’s sporting director has rubbished these stories and also ruled out the prospect of Italy international Marco Verratti being involved in a potential swap deal.
“There is absolutely nothing between Roma and PSG regarding De Rossi,” Sabatini told RMC.
“No meeting has been scheduled for that matter, and there has been nothing about Verratti either.”
De Rossi has been in and out of Zdenek Zeman’s Roma side after a reported dispute with the coach, while Carlo Ancelotti has admitted interest in the player previously.
By Luke MatthewsJosip Radosevic has signed for Napoli for a fee in the region of €3 million, Goal.com can reveal.
The transfer of one of Hajduk Split’s most highly rated young players, who has been with the club since the age of six, was confirmed by the player’s agent and brother on Wednesday.
The defensive midfielder is only 18-years-old but has already been invited to join up with Igor Stimac’s Croatia for their friendly with South Korea in February.
“Josip has signed [with Napoli], we now need to look for an apartment,” Antonio Radosevic told Goal.com.
“He will fly to Croatia tomorrow to settle details for his work permit.”
Radosevic’s style has been compared with that of combative former AC Milan star and Italy World Cup winner Gennaro Gattuso.
By David Kwalimwa
Inter midfielder McDonald Mariga is returning to Parma on a short term loan deal.
The 25 year-old has seen limited playing time at the San Siro outfit since recovering from a long term injury in November, and in a move aimed at offering the Kenyan valuable playing time, the two Serie A sides have agreed a deal in principle that will see the anchorman return to play for Roberto Donadoni’s charges for the next six months.
“I am joining Parma. I thank everyone who made this deal happen. I really need playing time and playing at the Stadio Tardini is always an exciting prospect,” Mariga told Goal.com.
This will be the third stint for the Kenyan player the Gialloblu who brought him to Italy from Sweden six years ago. Sources suggest that Parma have inserted a clause in this deal to buy the player outright at the end of the current campaign.
As reported by Goal.com early this week, Mariga was likely to leave the San Siro in January as a host of European clubs including English sides Reading and Fulham were leading the chase for his signature, but it seems Parma jumped to the front of the queue on the eve of transfer deadline day to seal the move.