Shaqiri not leaving Bayern for Dortmund, says agent

The Swiss youngster had been linked with a move from the Allianz Arena to the Westfalenstadion but his representative says he is not looking to leave

Xherdan Shaqiri’s brother and agent Erdin has insisted that there is no truth in the reports linking the Bayern Munich attacker with a move to Borussia Dortmund.

A report in Sport Bild on Wednesday suggested that BVB coach Jurgen Klopp sees the Switzerland international as a good replacement for Bayern-bound Mario Gotze, but Erdin Shaqiri has made it clear that his brother has no intention to leave his current club any time soon.

“This is nothing but a hypothesis. Either the people at Sport Bild know more than I do, or they have a psychic working for them who can predict stuff that clubs and players don’t even know yet,” the winger’s representative told Blick.

Xherdan has no reason to change clubs. He’s among Bayern’s 14 main players and is on the verge of breaking into the starting XI.”

Shaqiri joined Bayern from Basel in the summer of 2012 and has since made 38 appearances for the European champions, scoring eight goals in the process.

The attacker has a contract with FCB until June 2016.

Canales in line for Real Madrid return

Carlo Ancelotti is a keen admirer of the current Valencia star and is eager to bring him back to the Santiago Bernabeu side ahead of the 2013-14 campaign

By Adrian Boullosa

Sergio Canales could be on his way back to Real Madrid in the summer transfer window as Carlo Ancelotti sees the Valencia midfielder as a valuable addition to the squad.

The capital club have earmarked the Paris Saint-Germain coach as the perfect replacement for Jose Mourinho and are hopeful of landing the Italian as their new trainer.

While PSG have so far been adamant that they will not let go of the former AC Milan boss, the 53-year-old is already planning for the future at Madrid and he is keen to make Canales his first signing.

Ancelotti has long been a keen admirer of the 22-year-old and already wanted to sign the then Racing Santander star in 2010 when he was still in charge of Chelsea.

However, Canales had already given his word to Madrid and eventually joined the Santiago Bernabeu side instead.

The midfielder failed to secure regular first team football under Jose Mourinho, though and was farmed out on loan Valencia in 2011-12 before making his stay at los Che permanent in the summer of 2012.

Injuries have halted Canales’ progress in the past two seasons, but Ancelotti has not forgotten about the creative midfielder just yet and is keen to snap him up this summer.

Canales has a €61 million buy-out clause in his Valencia deal, which runs until June 2017, but Madrid could re-sign him for as little as €12m due to a buy-back agreement they inserted when selling the midfielder last year.

The 22-year-old has made 12 La Liga appearances so far this term, netting two goals in the process.

Napoli turned down chance to sign Verratti, says agent

The Italy international is continually being linked with a move away from PSG, but his representative says that his client will not join the Partenopei

Marco Verratti’s agent Donato Di Campli has revealed that Napoli turned down the chance to sign the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder in the past and ruled out a move to the San Paolo side this summer.

A number of recent reports suggested that the Serie A outfit are keen to lure the young midfielder back to Italy ahead of the 2013-14 campaign, but the 20-year-old’s representative has made it clear that the Partenopei have missed their chance to sign his client.

“A move to Napoli? I don’t think so. That’s fantasy football. Verratto to Napoli is a ship that has already sailed,” Di Campli told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“[Aurelio] De Laurentiis was ready to take him, but [Walter] Mazzarri preferred to let him stay at Pescara for another year. That’s that and there’s no way around it.

“I would be angry if I were De Laurentiis. Napoli are a first-class team that has achieved a lot, but they could have done even more.

”Marco is feeling very well at PSG now and has an ongoing contract with them.”

The Italy international’s contract with the Ligue 1 champions runs until June 2017.

Sao Paulo not interested in selling Ganso to PSG

The talented attacking midfielder has long been linked with a move to Europe but his current club are not interested in selling one of their main men

Sao Paulo’s director of football has poured cold water over suggestions that Ganso is on the verge of a move to Paris Saint-Germain.

The Brazil international, who has long been linked with a move to Europe, is believed to have caught the eye of the Ligue 1 champions, but Adalberto Batista says the club have no interest in doing business.

“We have very good relations with Paris Saint-Germain, a good relationship with Leonardo but Sao Paulo are not interested in letting Ganso go,” he told Radio ESPN.

However, Batista did admit that circumstances could change if the club receive an offer that they cannot refuse for the 23-year-old.

“Of course that is what we said about Luís Fabiano and other players apply here too, I can’t say that if there is a big offer we will say no,” he added.

“But that’s it, the offer needs to be one we can’t refuse. But honestly, I don’t think Ganso wants to leave now he is recovering his best form.”

Ganso joined the Soberano in 2012 after starting his career and establishing himself at Santos, where he made 162 appearances and scored 34 goals in the process.

Agent dismisses Zaza to Milan rumours

The striker has been linked with a move to the Rossoneri but the player’s representative says there has been no concrete offer as yet

The agent of Sampdoria star Simone Zaza has revealed there has been no “direct contact” between his client and rumoured suitors AC Milan.

Christian Maifredi claims a host of big clubs are looking at the striker, who has scored 18 goals on loan at Serie B outfit Ascoli, but admits that no firm offer has yet been made for his services.

“His desire is to play, this is what I always said. Milan? I have not had direct contact. The choice will be with one of these big clubs who are looking at him.” Maifredi told Radio Sportiva.

“Let us say that the ideal [scenario] is to now move to a top club and then go out on loan or be co-owned by another party.”

The 21-year-old’s contract with the Blucerchiati expires in June 2014 but Maifredi refused to rule out Zaza remaining with his current employers beyond his present deal.

“The extension with Sampdoria? [It is] hard to tell, because in football everything changes very quickly,” Maifredi added.

Zaza has represented Italy at every age group from Under-16 to Under-21 but is yet to represent the full national side.