Florentino Perez: Bale was born to play for Real Madrid

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has further increased speculation linking Tottenham star Gareth Bale with a move to Santiago Bernabue, insisting he was “was born to play” for the club.

The 23-year-old scored 21 Premier League goals last season as Spurs finished fifth in the Premier League, and he is expected to sign a new contract worth £130,000 at White Hart Lane this summer.

However, Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, admitted on Wednesday that the attacker would consider any offer from the Liga giants.

Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, meanwhile, has hailed Bale as “one of the best players in the world” and backed him to be a success if he joins the club.

“He would be a good signing for the club,” he told Marca. Bale is one of the best players in the world and at Real Madrid we always have the best. I am convinced that if the club want him he would be a great signing.”

More to follow…

Pellegrini: I have a verbal agreement with Manchester City

After guiding Malaga to the last eight of the Champions League, the Chilean has confirmed it is almost certain he will be in charge at the Etihad Stadium next season

Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed he has reached a verbal agreement to become the next Manchester City manager.

The Chilean has long been touted as the replacement to Roberto Mancini, who was sacked earlier in May, and already confirmed he would be leaving the south Spain side at the end of the season.

Pellegrini guided Malaga to fourth in La Liga this season as well as the quarter-finals of the Champions League, and it looks almost certain he will be in charge at the Etihad Stadium next season.

“I have a verbal agreement with them and I hope it is carried out,” he told television channel Canal Sur.

The 59-year-old confirmed nothing has been signed yet but it looks to be a matter of time before he puts pen to paper; something which Goal.com revealed could persuade Carlos Tevez to make a U-turn and decide to stay in the north west.

“As of today, I [haven’t yet] a signed contract,” he added.

“It is true that Manchester City have shown a lot of interest that I become their coach and I have had conversations with them.

“Until things have been signed, you cannot say everything is completely done.”

As exclusively revealed by Goal.com, Pellegrini is set to bring Malaga star Isco along with him to the 2011/12 Premier League champions.

Rami hints at Valencia exit

The defender continues to be linked with the Mestalla exit door but revealed his current club are determined to retain his services

Adil Rami has admitted to having “desires elsewhere” after hinting at leaving Valencia once again this summer.

The France international has been linked with Paris Saint-Germain in recent weeks and has enhanced his reputation in recent times with his stellar displays for los Che.

But the cash-strapped club remain determined to keep hold of one of their prized assets and though Rami revealed the specific release clause in his contract, the 27-year-old remains unsure whether he will still be at Mestalla or not come the start of next season.

“I have learned a lot in Valencia and Spain. I am here today but that does not mean to say that I do not have desires elsewhere. I read that Valencia pushed me towards the exit, this is totally wrong. I broke my contract with my agent in February,” he told RMC.

“I had a good laugh because on Tuesday I had a meeting with Valencia directors and it is impossible for them to let me go. I have a clause between 10 and 12 million euros so we will see what is best for me moving forward.”

Rami joined Valencia in January 2011 and after spending the remainder of the 2011/12 season on loan at Lille he has become a star performer over the last two seasons, making 74 appearances in the process.

His current deal runs until June 2016.

Cavani eyes 'dream' Real Madrid or Barcelona move

The Uruguay international has spoken about his Liga ambitions but his current employers will pull out all the stops to keep their prized asset

Napoli striker Edinson Cavani has admitted a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona would be a “dream”.

The Uruguay international netted 38 goals in 43 appearances for the Partenopei this season as the club finished second in Serie A and booked their place in next season’s Champions League.

It is thought that Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis is preparing to offer his prized asset a new and improved contract, believed to be as much as 7 million per year, despite the fact his current deal does not expire until 2017.

“As a child, I dreamed of playing at this club [Real Madrid] or Barcelona, but for now I am proud to be in Naples. On my future I cannot say anything, because I still do not know anything,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I am proud to be in Naples, it is one of the most important clubs in Italy.”

Cavani has been strongly linked with Madrid in recent months as well a potential move to Premier League sides Manchester City and Chelsea.

The 26-year-old has scored 104 times in 138 appearances for Napoli and is currently just one strike behind  Diego Maradona, the club’s all-time leading goal scorer.

Suarez 'proud' of rumoured Real Madrid interest

The Liverpool striker, who is contracted until 2016, says constant criticism from journalists is affecting his time in England, hinting it could drive him away from Anfield

Luis Suarez has opened the door to a Liverpool exit after admitting he cannot take constant criticism of his conduct and is proud to be linked with Real Madrid .

As exclusively revealed by Goal earlier on Wednesday, the striker has refused to commit himself to the Anfield outfit despite holding two meetings with the club hierarchy in recent weeks.

Suarez is believed to be a target for Real Madrid as Gonzalo Higuain looks increasingly likely to leave the Liga runners-up during the summer, and the 26-year-old admits such interest in himself and fellow compatriot Edinson Cavani is flattering.

“Saying no to Real Madrid is very difficult,” he told Sport 890 AM.

“I think that’s a reason for Uruguayans to feel proud, but there are no formal offers yet.

“I talked to Brendan Rodgers. He knows what I want and understands my situation.”

Suarez is currently serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic; the incident the latest in a long line of misdemeanours the striker has committed.

Goal revealed in January that the former Ajax man, who is contracted with the club until 2016, was considering his future at Anfield, with Champions League football a long-held desire, and he admitted constant negative press is affecting his time in England.

“I worked too hard to having to continue listening to the criticism I get from English journalists,” he continued.

“I love Liverpool, but I’m not prepared to keep taking all this criticism.