Kacar’s Hannover to Hamburg move collapses

EXCLUSIVE
By Daniel Jovanov

Gojko Kacar’s transfer to Hannover has collapsed and he is now set to stay at Hamburg, Goal.com can reveal.


The former Serbia international had been in advanced negotiations with the seventh-placed Bundesliga side, but it seems that any potential transfer in January will no longer occur.

Hamburg sporting director Frank Arnesen wants to raise €6 million to fund a deal in the winter window, and Kacar’s exit would have freed €2m annually for the club to reinvest.

However, the Serb’s salary is believed to have scared off Hannover and ended talks abruptly, with the club instead pursuing Duisburg’s Andre Hoffman, whom they signed on Wednesday.

The breakdown in talks occurred despite Thorsten Fink’s side being willing to sell him on for a loss having signed him for €5m in 2010 from Hertha Berlin.

The player’s uncle and advisor Milan Kacar confirmed to Goal.com that the Lower Saxony club were the only club originally interesting in taking on the 25-year-old.

He said: “There is no other interest from clubs.”

Sir Alex calls for Premier League to investigate Fryers' move to Tottenham

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson wants the Premier League to investigate Ezekiel Fryers’ move from Standard Liege to Tottenham.

The 20-year-old looked set to join Spurs when his contract at Old Trafford expired on June 30 but the two clubs were unable to agree a compensation package.

Fryers instead moved to Liege on a two-year deal, meaning compensation did not have to be paid to United, and ended his spell in Belgium to sign for Tottenham on Thursday.

But Sir Alex believes the transfer has Spurs chairman Daniel Levy’s fingerprints “all over it” and has called for the player’s registration to be looked into.

“How would you put it? To me, I think it’s a blatant manipulation of the rules,” he told MUTV.

The United boss added: “I think the league should look into it.

“I think the registration should be stopped until they investigate it thoroughly. There’s bound to be a trail, either mobile phones or e-mails, that could give you the full story of it.

“I must say I’m disappointed in Tottenham. For whatever reason, a club that size has decided to go down this route. I’m disappointed.”

Fryers initially joined up with Spurs on trial after his contract at United came to an end, even taking part in a pre-season training camp in Portugal.

Sir Alex added: “We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that’s happened. It’s a Daniel Levy deal. You know, it’s his fingerprints all over it. It’s the kind of thing we expected he was going to do.”

Agent: Villas-Boas key to Holtby joining Tottenham

EXCLUSIVE
By Hassan Talib Haji

Andre Villas-Boas was the key factor in Lewis Holtby’s decision to join Tottenham from Schalke, according to his agent.

The 22-year-old will join Spurs in the summer on a free transfer, the north London club announced on Friday, and his representative has stated that the Portuguese boss was the deciding factor in his destination.

“Schalke made Lewis a very good offer, we know that,” Marcus Noack told Goal.com. “But this decision is not against Schalke.

“We had a lot of offers from every top league in Europe. If you look at the whole package, then Tottenham was the best choice.

“Andre Villas-Boas is especially convincing. This is a top coach. The decision to leave Schalke and join Tottenham came in mid-December. And it was very hard for us to choose.”

Noack added that a transfer to Spurs in the January transfer window had not been discussed.

He continued: “The agreement says: [in the] summer. If a winter move was possible, I can’t say right now, because we didn’t talk about that.”

Santos still courting Robinho despite cost complications

Santos vice-president Odilio Rodrigues has revealed a move for Robinho is still on the cards despite cost complications.

The Milan forward has been actively pursuing a San Siro exit during the winter, and Santos are one of the clubs most heavily linked with the former Real Madrid star.

It had been suggested that their €6 million signing of Walter Montillo on Thursday indicated an end to their desire to bring the Brazilian back to his native country, however Rodrigues has contradicted such suggestions.

“Robinho is a great player,” he told ESPN Brasil. “He is an idol at Santos and the crowd love him.

“But we have always said that these are difficult negotiations because of the cost of the player.

“We are talking with Milan, but we’ll have to wait and see what will happen.

“The deal is complicated.”

The Serie A side managed to secure a move back to Brazil for Robinho’s former Rossoneri team-mate Alexandre Pato on Thursday, but are having less luck trying to sell their ex-Manchester City man.

Sissoko's agent plays down links with Premier League move

EXCLUSIVE
By Jean-Charles Danree

Moussa Sissoko’s agent Frederic Guerra has played down speculation linking the France international with a move away from Toulouse.

Reports have suggested that Sissoko could be on his way out of the Ligue 1 club, with Tottenham, Arsenal and Newcastle touted as possible destinations.

However, Guerra refused to comment on any rumours linking the 23-year-old with a transfer, stating that the midfielder is “a Toulouse man”.

“I do not want to speak about it, I don’t want to refer to any news stories for the moment. Moussa is a Toulouse man,” Guerra told Goal.com.

And far from Sissoko leaving the club, Guerra revealed that talks between Sissoko’s representatives and Toulouse have begun over a new contract.

He said: “Discussions have begun, I don’t want to talk about an exit or respond to any rumours.”

Sissoko joined Toulouse in 2007 and has scored 20 goals in 183 appearances for the French side, appearing 17 times and scoring once this season.

The midfielder has also won five caps for the France national team.