Chelsea have identified Ipswich Town left-back Tyrone Mings as John Terry’s long-term successor. The Blues see the 21-year-old’s future at centre-back and will look to beat competition off from Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle & Man Utd.
Source: Daily Mirror
Thursday, November 20, 2014 00:16
The Argentine attacker has hinted at a transfer and our readers would prefer to see him move to the Bundesliga
Bayern Munich would be the ideal destination for Lionel Messi if he were to leave Barcelona at the end of the 2014-15 campaign, Goal readers feel.
The Argentina international hinted earlier this week that he could leave the Camp Nou side at some point in the future and he is ready to look at incoming offers if his situation at Barca doesn’t change.
Messi’s comments have led to speculation about his future and Goal readers feel a reunion with Pep Guardiola would be the best option for the 27-year-old, with 2762 readers out of 15417 voting for a move to the Bundesliga champions (17.9 per cent).
Manchester United come second in the vote with 2694 votes, while Manchester City are the third-best option in the eyes of Goal readers with 1922 votes.
Spanish rivals Real Madrid would be the perfect next club for 12.1% of our readers, with a move to Chelsea coming in as the fifth most-popular (10.8%) option ahead of a return to his boyhood club Newell’s Old Boys (1661 votes).
Only 9.6% of Goal readers support a move to Paris Saint-Germain, while an additional 8.9% feels neither of the aforementioned clubs would be the right move if Messi leaves Barcelona.
The 30-year-old, who can play in either full-back position or as a defensive midfielder, has been training with the Premier League strugglers in a bid to prove his fitness
By Graeme Bailey
QPR are in talks to sign Argentine free agent defender Pablo Alvarez, Goal can reveal.
Alvarez has been without a club ever since he was released by Serie A side Catania in the summer and is training with QPR this week in a bid to prove his fitness.
The 30-year-old, who can play in either full-back position or as a defensive midfielder, has held talks with a number of clubs around Europe but Harry Redknapp is in pole position to sign him.
“Pablo has been considering his options, but he has always harboured the ambition to play in the Premier League and when the chance to talk with QPR and Harry came up, he jumped at the opportunity,” Barry McIntosh, Alvarez’s British representative, told Goal.
Alvarez played for Boca Juniors and Estudiantes in his native Argentina before joining Catania in 2008 and spent time on loan with Rosario Central and Zaragoza during his four years under contract with the Italian side.
QPR currently lie 19th in the Premier League, having won just two of their first 11 matches since returning to the top flight.
The Champions League holders will not bring in new players in the winter transfer window despite the three month absence of the midfielder
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has insisted that they will not be dipping into the transfer market to replace the injured Luka Modric.
The midfielder has been ruled out for three months after suffering a torn thigh muscle in Croatia’s Euro 2016 qualifier with Italy.
However, Ancelotti is adamant Madrid have the resources to cope with the setback and are not in need of January reinforcements.
“No, Real Madrid will not be buying in January, because we are able to replace Modric,” Ancelotti told Radio Nacional de Espana.
“We have other important players for this type of situation.
“Last year we had the same problem with the injury to [Sami] Khedira. We’ll fix it by putting in another midfielder.
“We have the option of replacing him with Khedira, [Asier] Illarramendi and finally, we have the option of Isco, who does not have the habit of playing in the position but I think he can do it in some games.
“We have [Alvaro] Medran, a youngster from Castilla who is doing very well and we like him. He may be an option at least to be with us.”
Leaders Real Madrid return to La Liga action on Saturday when they visit Eibar.
The 31-year-old has stressed that he still has a future at Bayern, irrespective of the club’s interest in the Germany international
Bayern Munich attacker Franck Ribery has insisted that he does not intend to make way for Marco Reus at the Bundesliga champions.
The Borussia Dortmund winger has been heavily linked with Bayern in recent months, with the Bavarians allegedly seeing Reus as the perfect replacement for Ribery.
Nevertheless, the Frenchman is determined to fight for his place and does not have any intention of leaving Bayern for now.
“Reus is a great player,” Ribery admitted to Kicker.
“But I will be around at Bayern for a while, even if I’m turning 32 in a bit.
“I am feeling very well and I am raring to go again.
“I am still an important player at Bayern. People should not write me off just yet.”
Reus has a contract with Dortmund until June 2017, but has a buyout clause that would allow him to leave for €25 million at the end of this season.
The 25-year-old has also been linked with clubs such as Manchester City and Real Madrid in recent months.