'Mourinho's told me he's leaving Spain'

The Portuguese coach has been linked with a move to Chelsea and those rumours will intensify following the latest revelations from Manuel Alvarez

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has told Manuel Alvarez – the president of his son’s football club Canillas – that he will be leaving Spain this year.

The Portuguese has been linked with a return to Chelsea at the end of the season while Paris Saint-Germain have emerged as contenders to swoop for the coach, with Carlo Ancelotti going the other way to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Alvarez has pleaded with Blancos president Florentino Perez to keep Mourinho on board beyond the end of the campaign and suggested that the former Inter boss’ departure would have a detrimental effect on La Liga.

“Mourinho told us that next year he won’t be able to come and give a talk to the coaches because he won’t be here,” the Canillas president told Deportes Cuatro.

“If Mou goes it will be a big loss to Spanish football. I hope Florentino sorts it out.”

In 2011, Mourinho donated €10,000 to Canillas to help save them from going under financially and has developed strong emotional ties with the club.

The ex-Porto boss has taken Madrid to the Copa del Rey final and has guided them to the Champions League semi-finals where they will play Borussia Dortmund for a spot in the Wembley final in May.

The Portuguese coach has been unable to defend the Liga title his side emphatically took away from Barcelona last season, however, and the club trail their arch-rivals by 13 points with seven games to go.

His relationship with Iker Casillas and a number of other Madrid veterans has also come under scrutiny and rumours continue to build that he will leave the Bernabeu in the summer – regardless of whether he bags another two trophies this season.

Dede to snub Chelsea for Cruzeiro

The defender had caught the attention of the 2012 Champions League winners, but has seemingly opted against a move to Europe

Brazil international Dede is on the verge of leaving Vasco da Gama for Cruzeiro, snubbing interest from clubs such as Chelsea, AC Milan and Liverpool.

Reports from the UK on Wednesday suggest that Chelsea see the 24-year-old as the ideal replacement for John Terry and were willing to spend over €20 million on the defender, while Milan and Liverpool are closely monitoring his situation, too.

However, Dede looks set to remain in Brazil for the forseeable future, with Cruzeiro confident of landing the sought-after defender.

The Raposa, with the support of investment company DIS, are reportedly paying €5,5m for 45 per cent of the player’s economical rights.

“The situation with the player’s economical rights is not something that can stop or slow down the transfer. The agreement between the clubs is there,” Cruzeiro lawyer Carlos Portinho told Lance.

Cruzeiro are expected to announce the transfer once Dede has successfully completed his medical later this week.

Gundogan rules out summer move

The midfielder is happy with life at the Champions League semi-finalists and has stressed that he will not leave Dortmund this summer

Ilkay Gundogan has insisted he has no intention of leaving Borussia Dortmund any time soon and is keen to sign a contract extension with the club.

The Germany international has been in fine form this season and was linked with Barcelona among a number of other teams earlier this year.

A summer transfer is not an option for the 22-year-old, though, as he is completely focused on Dortmund for now.

“I am 100 per cent sure that I will still be with Dortmund next season,” Gundogan told Sport Bild.

“Rumours do not really affect me. I still have two more years on my contract with Dortmund and I know what I have at this incredible club.

“It is very likely that I will sign a new contract, although it obviously depends on how talks go.”

Gundogan has developed into an important first team member at Borussia since joining them from Nurnberg in the summer of 2011.

Schurrle is attracting interest – Voller

The 22-year-old is thought to be close to agreeing a move to Chelsea in a €22 million move, with Kevin De Bruyne joining Leverkusen on loan as part of the deal

Bayer Leverkusen general manager Rudi Voller has conceded Andre Schurrle is attracting transfer interest, but was unwilling to discuss speculation linking the player with Chelsea.

The 22-year-old, who has scored nine times this season for the Bundesliga side, is known to be on the radar of the west London club – in a reported €22 million deal including a loan move for Kevin De Bruyne in the opposite direction.

Voller says that all enquires will be assessed, but was coy regarding the chances of a summer exit for Schurrle.

Voller told Deutsche Presseagentur: “We are receiving transfer enquiries every now and then.

“Andre Schurrle is not the only player of interest. It is obvious to have a look at those proposals. We also did that last summer.”

Meanwhile, executive Wolfgang Holzhauser expressed his annoyance at the continual speculation surrounding one of the club’s star assets.

He told Reviersport newspaper: “At this point in time, there is so much said. There are many rumours. I would prefer not to be part of all this.”

Xabi Alonso considers his options

The former Liverpool star is waiting for the right moment before he will make a decision about his future at Real Madrid

Xabi Alonso’s father, Periko Alonso, has stated the Real Madrid midfielder has yet to make a decision on whether he wants to extend his current deal with the Santiago Bernabeu side.

The holding midfielder’s current contract with Madrid is due to expire in the summer of 2014 and has so far shown no intention to ink a new deal, leading to speculation that he could be on his way out.

Nevertheless, his father has stressed Xabi Alonso will wait for the right moment before deciding on his future.

“What he wants to do is to wait a bit to see what happens and how things go, and then, when the time is right, he’ll make the appropriate decision,” Periko told Marca.

“It’s as simple as that – there’s nothing else to it.”

The 31-year-old started his professional career with Real Sociedad, but a return to the Basque side does not seem to be an option for now.

He added: “Going home is always difficult, and anyway, Sociedad are pretty well stocked right now.”

Xabi Alonso has made over 120 Liga appearances for Madrid since joining the club in 2009.