Cabella arrives for Newcastle medical

The France international midfielder, who scored 14 goals for Montpellier in Ligue 1 last season, is set to join Siem de Jong, Ayoze Perez and Jack Colback in moving to Tyneside


By Joyce

Remy Cabella has arrived for a medical ahead of his move to Newcastle, Goal understands.

As revealed earlier on Sunday, the midfielder is one of three deals which the Magpies are very close to sealing.

The 24-year-old, who scored 14 goals and made five assists in Ligue 1 for Montpellier last season and was part of the France World Cup squad which made it to the quarter-finals, has been a long-term target for Alan Pardew’s side.

Newcastle hope to follow the acquisition of the attacking midfielder with Netherlands international Daryl Janmaat and Monaco striker Emmanuel Riviere before they depart for a pre-season tour of New Zealand late next week.

Pardew has moved quickly to bolster his squad this summer, with Siem de Jong, Ayoze Perez and Jack Colback all having already arrived at St James’s Park.

Adrian Lopez leaves Atletico Madrid for Porto

The Spanish attacker struggled to make an impact at the Vicente Calderon side last term and will be looking to get his career back on track in Portugal


Porto have completed the transfer of Adrian Lopez from Atletico Madrid for a fee believed to be in the region of €11 million.

The Portuguese giants were keen to add an extra striker to their squad amid ongoing reports that Jackson Martinez could be on his way out this summer and they have now found their man in Adrian.

The 26-year-old underwent a medical on Saturday and has signed a contract with Porto until June 2019, containing a minimum fee release clause of €60 million.

Adrian came through the ranks of the Oviedo youth academy and signed for Deportivo La Coruna in the summer of 2006. He enjoyed loan spells at Alaves and Malaga before eventually joining Atletico in 2011.

The versatile attacker impressed in his first two seasons at the Vicente Calderon side, yet lost his starting berth last term and will now be looking to get his career back on track at Porto.

Adrian is Porto’s sixth signing of the summer transfer window after the previous acquisition of Oliver Torres, Daniel Opare, Ricardo, Evandro, Sami.

Barcelona blocked from publicly unveiling suspended Suarez

Fifa have made it clear that the Uruguay international, who is currently banned from football for biting Giorgio Chiellini, cannot be presented to supporters at any venue


Barcelona will not be allowed to publicly unveil imminent arrival Luis Suarez under the terms of his suspension from all football-related activity.

The Blaugrana confirmed on Friday that they had agreed a deal with Liverpool for the Uruguay international, who will sign a five-year contract with the Catalan club.

However, with Suarez currently suspended until the end of October for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at this summer’s World Cup, Barca have been told that they will not be able to arrange a public unveiling when the 27-year-old completes his reported €94 million move to Camp Nou.

“The ban relates to all football-related activity,” Fifa’s head of media Delia Fischer told the Press Association.

“He cannot be in a football-related public event irrespective of the venue. He cannot even be involved in a football-related charity event.”

This is the third time in the past four years that Suarez has been found guilty of biting an opponent but the striker reportedly intends to take his case against the length of the suspension to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Betting Special: Manchester United lead the chase to sign Arturo Vidal

With Louis Van Gaal looking to overhaul a team that severely underachieved last season, the bookies have slashed the odds on him landing the in-demand Juventus midfielder


After leading the Netherlands to a respectable third place at the World Cup, Louis Van Gaal will now turn his attention to rebuilding new club Manchester United’s fortunes after their disastrous last campaign.
Having already splashed out over €75.5 million [£60m] to bring Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera to Old Trafford, the Dutchman now seems intent on winning the race for in-demand Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal.

With club representatives allegedly already in talks with the Chilean’s agent, United are now overwhelming 1/5 (1.20) favourites to secure his signature for a hefty fee this summer.

However, should they for some reason fail to complete the transfer then there would be no shortage of suitors for a man who scored 11 goals from midfield in his side’s third consecutive Scudetto-winning season.

A collection of European heavyweights including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are all next in line at 14/1 (15.00) to sign the 27-year-old, who is rated as one of the world’s finest in his position.

Meanwhile, after bringing Alexis Sanchez to the Emirates Stadium to much fanfare already, Arsenal are also on offer at 14/1 (15.00) to steal his compatriot from under their rivals’ noses, although deals for Sami Khedira or Lars Bender seem more likely at this stage.

Fellow Premier League clubs Manchester City and Chelsea are available at 16/1 (17.00) to foil United, although the former have recently captured Porto midfielder Fernando while the latter have been more strongly linked with Vidal’s team-mate Paul Pogba.

Mega-rich Monaco may be after some new star names for their upcoming Champions League campaign, particularly with James Rodriguez most likely on his way to Real Madrid after a stellar World Cup performance, and the principality club are priced at 20/1 (21.00) to make the Juventus man their new headline act.

Similarly, Liverpool are looking to strengthen for their return to Europe’s elite competition after losing their star player to Barcelona, although odds of 20/1 (21.00) seem short on them convincing Vidal to make himself extremely unpopular with the Old Trafford faithful by moving to Anfield.

Sign up for up to £250 in free bets

Al Hain-Cole is a Liverpool fan, experienced tipster and avid follower of European football. He specialises in accumulators and if you would like to read more from Al you can follow him on Twitter here.bg

Lovren joins Southampton for pre-season despite Liverpool manoeuvres

The Croatia international has declared that his “head is already at” Anfield, with the Reds hopeful of signing him, but he has now met up with Ronald Koeman’s squad in Belgium


Dejan Lovren has travelled with Southampton to Belgium for their pre-season tour despite his assertion that he wants to join Liverpool.

The Croatia defender has declared that “my head is already at Liverpool”, comments that did not please the Saints’ new manager, Ronald Koeman, but the former Feyenoord boss noted on Friday that the 25-year-old is a key player and that he was expecting him to join the squad for the trip even if he could yet leave.

Goal understands that the Reds are close to agreeing a deal to sign the centre-back but Koeman asserted his authority to bring Lovren to Belgium all the same.

“That [public comment about Liverpool] was not a good thing on his side,” the Saints manager told reporters on Friday.

“I spoke two times to Dejan. He was very clear about his situation. I said: ‘Okay, I am the new manager, I want to keep all the players’.

“I would like to keep Dejan in the team because he is an important player in an important position in the team. He has to come back on Sunday.”

And that he did, with Southampton posting a photo of him travelling to Belgium on the club’s official Twitter account on Sunday.

Southampton have already sold England trio Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert since the season ended but Koeman has brought in winger Dusan Tadic and forward Graziano Pelle from Twente and Feyenoord, respectively.