Chelsea have been asked to revise their offer for Oscar as their present one doesn’t meet the expectations of Internacional according to their club President.
Reports of Chelsea signing the Brazilian teen sensation Oscar was all over the English media last week but it is learnt that the deal is not yet through. Repots in the South American nation quoted the transfer figure to be around £20m but Internacional President Giovanni Luigi has insisted Chelsea need to improve their offer.
The young striker shot to prominence with a brilliant hat trick in the U 20 World Cup final in Portugal last summer. The young star has since been followed keenly by top clubs across Europe including Real Madrid but Tottenham were believed to be the frontrunners to land the teen prodigy. However, it seems that former Chelsea boss Andre Villas Boas may still have a chance to lure the young star to White Hart Lane as the Blues have been asked to better their offer.
Speaking to Brazilian radio station Radio Gaucha, Luigi said: “To let the player go, we have to make sure that from an economic point of view the sale is one of the most important in the history of Brazilian football, because the boy will be a world star. And right now the offer from Chelsea does not reach those levels.”
Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie joins the club on Monday with manager Arsene Wenger poised to hold a final round of talks over a contract extension.
The 28 year old Dutchman took the Gunner fans by surprise when he announced his decision to not re-sign through his official website earlier this month. With a year remaining in his contract, the Gunners were willing to offer him a club record wage deal worth £130k per week along with £5m loyalty bonus. However, the prolific striker turned down citing differences between him and the club with respect to club’s ambitions next season.
However, Arsene Wenger hasn’t given up on persuading the last season’s top scorer to stay on. He is ready to sit down and hold crunch talks just ahead of their pre-season tour. Many believe that Van Persie’s statement in his personal website was a ploy inspired by his agent to secure a better deal.
If the final talks bear no fruit the manager will sanction immediate sale of the front-man so as to have adequate time to find a suitable replacement. The Manchester duo of United and City along with Juventus are all believed to monitoring the situation at the Emirates.
Porto star Hulk insists that he has not signed any contract with European champions Chelsea despite reports of a possible deal being struck between the two clubs.
The 25 year old has been one of the hottest properties this summer with plenty of clubs interested in his signature. Chelsea were believed to be in pole position to sign him but Porto President’s rather firm stance over the player’s price has seen the Blues cool off their interest. Big spending PSG were also believed to be planning a major bid for the Brazilian but the player insists that he is still a Porto player.
‘I have four more years on my contract with Porto, and I’m focusing on the national team,’ Hulk told Lancenet.
Hulk is one of three over age players in the Brazilian squad for the London Games and remains completely focused on the upcoming Olympics.
‘I haven’t talked to anyone. As everyone knows, I don’t follow negotiations closely as that will make me lose my focus. I let my agent deal with that stuff.’
Chelsea , in the meantime, are putting together another offer for Bayer Leverkusen striker Andre Schurrle after their initial bid of £20m being rejected.
Barcelona are seriously considering a move for Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny according to reports in the French media.
New Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova who took over from Pep Guardiola at the end of last season is in search of a center back after the Catalan giants were left short in that department last season. Javier Mascherano and Sergio Busquets were used as makeshift central defenders last term which ended in relative disappointment for them.
The cash strapped Catalan side were interested in Milan defender Thiago Silva but Paris Saint Germain are likely to wrap up a deal for the highly rated Brazilian for a whopping sum of £33m. French media reports state that Barcelona have now turned to the Gunner defender who was extremely impressive last term for the Londoners.
Koscielny moved to the Emirates in 2010 from Ligue 1 side Lorient for a fee of £8.5m and has quickly established himself as one of the finest defenders in the continent at the present moment. The 26 year old has been vocal about his commitment towards the club and talks are on for a contract extension.
Arsenal youngstar Emmanuel Frimpong faces the prospect of a probe by the FA after making a derogatory comment aimed at Tottenham fans via Twitter.
Frimpong, 20, spent the second half of the last season on loan at Wolves but could only manage five appearances before rupturing his cruciate ligament which subsequently ruled him out for the remainder of the season. The former U 17 England international who recently pledged his future to Ghana, is now recovering from the injury as he tries to be fit in time for the start of the next season.
Frimpong tweeted a message on his official account ‘if you going church today Pray For me Giving today A Miss’ to which a Tottenham fan replied “I prayed you break your arms and legs”. Frimpong was quick to reply to the Spurs fan ‘@ Scum Y**’, however, removing his tweet shortly.
The FA have taken cognizance of the matter but remained unavailable for comment. The term ‘Y***o’ or ‘Y**’ is largely used to refer to the Spurs fans due to the large population of Jews at the North London club.
Comedian David Baddell started a movement to ban the use of the term from football chants as since the ‘Y**’ term is largely believed to be anti-semitic. However, the Spurs fans do refer to themselves as the ‘Y** army’ and do not consider this to be an offensive term.