It’s reported that Inter, Milan and Juventus are battling for Michel Bastos, but the Lyon and Brazil star reveals: “Milan told me that I am too expensive.” There are newspaper suggestions in L’Equipe that the Olympique Lyonnais star is now at the centre of a tug-of-war between Inter and Juventus.
Both Inter and Juve need this type of player. Juventus 4-4-2 formation requires full backs and as they are trying to sell Grosso, Bastos would be great addition to their squad. On the other hand, Inter will probably stay without Maiocn who is eager to join Mourinho in Madrid. Bastos would make perfect replacement for Maicon, because he is also very strong offensively.
“Right now I am concentrated on Lyon, as I have not received any offers. I only read stories in the newspaper,« said Bastos at the end of interview.
After Luca Toni, Eduardo, Miguel Veloso, Zuculini and Ranocchia they now bought Rafinha from Schalke for 8m€. People are wondering, can they now make a team that will be able to fight for CL spot at least?
“He’s having a medical, the conclusion of the deal is a question of hours,” Preziosi told Sky Italia. “A contract of four years is ready for him, he will train with us tomorrow,” said Genoa’s president E.Preziosi.
Rafinha will sign a 4-year contract with Genoa. The 24-year-old joined the Royal Blues in 2005 from Coritiba in his homeland, and went on to play 153 Bundesliga games.
He will follow the likes of Kevin Kuranyi, Heiko Westermann and Marcelo Bordon in leaving Schalke this summer.
The manager of north London club, Arsene Wenger was officialy interested in buying Werder’s defender Per Mertesacker, since Campbell, Gallas and Senderos all left Wembley. But Klaus Allofs said that there was no contact from Arsenal.
“Per is 100 per cent for Werder, I have already said several times. Nothing has changed. Per and his advisers have so far not reported [to training, after being given extra leave following the World Cup] due to a request from us,” Allofs told Bild.” Many clubs have expressed interest in him, but no concrete offers have been made,” he said. “If we get an offer, we will deal with it. Then anything is possible.”
Is Wenger concentrating on Emir Spahic, Bosnian and Montepellier defender? We will see.
Il Corriere understands that Inter first made contact two weeks ago and Eduardo Macia only got back in touch yesterday evening. Macia was Rafael Benitez’s right-hand man at Liverpool and is being touted in the Italian media as the club’s de facto director of sport. It’s no secret that Macia was in Italy this week. He apparently dined with Fiorentina director of sport Pantaleo Corvino on Monday night to discuss the now failed transfer of Emiliano Insua.
He then reportedly held talks with Juventus director general Beppe Marotta regarding Christian Poulsen. Il Corriere claims Poulsen’s agent will be in Liverpool today to discuss personal terms. Macia then flew back to England, but a phone call was made perhaps to relay the message that negotiations can now start for Mascherano, as his replacement has been found.
As the BBC reports, the 23-year-old has already arrived at the medical examination. If Ramires passes the test, he will sign with Chelsea for a fee of 17m€. After Yossi Benayoun, this is second transfer for Chelsea this summer.
Ramires has started his career in Juinville, then he moved to Cruzeiro. Benfica then bought him from Cruzeiro for 7.5m€, and now one year later he is worth 17m€. He was also the part of Dunga’s squad in WC 2010.
Meanwhile Didier Drogba announced that he will not leave Stamford Bridge, Ancelotti also said that A.Cole is staying. Does that mean that Chelsea is done with purchasing new players for this year?